By danrocketman - 05/10/2010 05:16 - United States

Today, I got a job in my university library. My job title is technical services. My actual job is pulling off the book label for the scanner and putting a new one on. For six hours a day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 974
You deserved it 4 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Suck it. You're in Texas, you should be grateful you have an indoor job. When I see those poor bastards working on the roads, or building houses or mowing lawns (and all of us know what the vast majority of them look like), I admire their willingness to work like that and am not all that concerned exactly how they got into this country. When I was in college, I had a job in the library drilling holes through several issues of magazines and journals and binding them together between pieces of cardboard. It would have totally sucked, except the university subscribed to a wide array of **** "for research purposes." jkjkjk!

Comments

I suppose since your getting paid for something ridiculously easy your up set about that??

Don't complain..at least you have a job

Um. Yeah. I work in the technical department at a library. Book processing is what the department is about. You are new as well. You are going to get the simple tasks until it's known what you can handle. Get over yourself.

FYI people....technical in the libray means the process of maintaining the collection. You want to work with computers at a library, you work in the technology department. OP, you deserve it for not checking what the job entails before applying for it.

what did you expect? didn't you ask what your job would entail? ydi

be grateful there are people who try so hard to get jobs and are forced to stay at home as there is no work available and trust me you don't want to go through that I've a right mind to take your job and give it to someone else so don't bother turning up for work tommorow your job there's done

fakepastictrees 0