By student101 - 26/03/2014 03:37 - United States - Sun Prairie

Today, I got a history project back that I worked very hard on. The teacher didn't bother to write any feedback, besides, "Did you even understand the assignment?" on the back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 697
You deserved it 6 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it possible that you answered the wrong question or something? I've done that, where I've gone off on such a long tangent it seemed like I was writing a different essay, and the rest was History.

Leave it back on your teacher's desk with a message: "did you even understand my essay?"

Comments

mansfield_j 27

That's when you say "no, because you didn't teach it well enough"

YellowKettleBell 31

Historically the masculine has served as the neuter, too. But in the USA, at least, teaching is a female dominated profession, so a reasonable assumption is that the teacher is a woman.

Or you could say "the teacher" which works fine too.

You may have worked hard, but it sounds like you were too far off topic to be given constructive criticism. Blaming the teacher for the student's mistake doesn't help student learning. Take a deep breath, and acknowledge you may have made a huge mistake. Talk to the teacher, explain how hard you tried, and see if they will give you a redo.

That sucks, OP. Maybe you should go talk to the teacher to see how you can improve the essay?

Teachers never consider the amount of time and effort a student can out into an assignment regardless of whether it hit the mark or not. Don't worry about her. Your a winner if you keep going the extra mile. Cause eventually someone will notice and that moment will change your life. A better job. Better pay, who knows. Keep up the good work and don't start slacking off now. You never know what's up ahead for you.

Axel5238 29

While this is true time and effort doesn't mean it is done right or within the guidelines of the assignment and it has to be. If the OP misunderstood something and didn't check with anyone that's something the OP should have checked before hand. When it comes to grades especially if it is a required class it has to hit the mark.

Put this in real life terms. Would you like a mechanic to work very hard on your brakes, only to discover they had no clue what brake parts look like, let alone how to install them?

Let's do it better. Your mechanic works really hard on your brakes, except your car was in for a problem with the steering that he didn't even look at, and there was no problem with the brakes. Or you go into surgery for an appendectomy and leave with your appendix still there but an ovary missing.

TcheQ 12

Clearly you didn't address the assignment criteria in the slightest

I'm guessing that you didn't understand the assignment, or got carried away with a tangent and never actually addressed the points you were intended to. If you seemed to have done an entirely different assignment, no amount of feedback will help you, because you aren't being graded on the work that wasn't assigned.Think of it in terms of job analogies. If your job is making smoothies and you made someone a cake, it doesn't matter if you spent all night on the cake. They ordered a smoothie. You don't get points for trying, you did the wrong job.

lexiieeex3 32

23- Don't be that asshole. Relax. It's only FML.