By student101 - 26/03/2014 03:37 - United States - Sun Prairie

Today, I got a history project back that I worked very hard on. The teacher didn't bother to write any feedback, besides, "Did you even understand the assignment?" on the back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 697
You deserved it 6 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it possible that you answered the wrong question or something? I've done that, where I've gone off on such a long tangent it seemed like I was writing a different essay, and the rest was History.

Leave it back on your teacher's desk with a message: "did you even understand my essay?"

Comments

TheDrifter 23

Ah, those were my favorite papers. My former English teacher would have other classes proofread essays and send them back to their authors with a few days for them to edit if they desired, "to help the creative process" as she put it. The ones someone obviously believed were pure brilliance, but didn't show even basic comprehension of the topic at hand were the most fun to read.

You know sometimes you just need to sit down and ask the teacher, "Do you even understand how to teach?" Only because I feel that it has become lost to some, if not many, teachers.

Next time pay attention to what the assignment was.

lexiieeex3 32

Your teacher was obviously rude, but try talking to her and asking for more constructive feedback. Explain how hard you worked on it and ask what it is specifically that you did wrong so you can do better next time and better understand the comment/grade.

Meanwhile in another FML...Today a student of mine turned in their history project.....

No need to try too hard in school, always remember: The A students work for the C students and the B students work for the government.

meli1195 31

You're going places in life aren't you..

i think you have it backwards. the C student works for the B student and the A student works for the government

Let's hope you exceeded her expectations and she wanted to make sure you didn't need to go over the assignment

Demand explanation on what is so wrong about it, don´t leave untill you undestand what exactly has to be different. If he-she gives you a hard time tell time remember that its bullshit, you are at school to learn. How do you learn? By attempting somehting and then get corrected by someone who masters it. You need constuctive feedback in order to do it right next time. I had this problem in college as well.

You need to talk with the teacher there was obviously a miscommunication of what was expected.