By stupid - 24/12/2018 18:00

Today, after turning in a paper that I worked really hard on, I got it back with a grade of 0. In the feedback section, my professor wrote: “In all my 37 years of teaching, this is by far the worst essay I have ever read.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 643
You deserved it 686

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unnecessarily harsh. Why didn't they just explain what you did wrong?

Listerinekiss 8

Most people offer feedback or a redo. Again it depends on the professor. I would definitely write an email asking what you did wrong and if there is anything else you can improve on in the future. This situation will make you stronger. That professor was brutal for no reason. They already delivered a failing grade, they didn't need to stomp on your pride too.

Comments

Unnecessarily harsh. Why didn't they just explain what you did wrong?

manb91uk 22

By the sounds of it, everything...

Ouch. They just reeeally wanted to rub it in there didn't they. Not help you or anything. Don't worry OP, you worked hard so you have the attitude and can improve. Everyone starts somewhere.

manb91uk 22

That's actually quite impressive... I went to uni and attended a screenwriting seminar and one of the guys asked why plot and character were so important in films when it's only critics care about "that shit" Even HE managed to scrape enough points to get a 3rd Class degree. For real though, sorry OP. You did your best - the only way is up!

Listerinekiss 8

Most people offer feedback or a redo. Again it depends on the professor. I would definitely write an email asking what you did wrong and if there is anything else you can improve on in the future. This situation will make you stronger. That professor was brutal for no reason. They already delivered a failing grade, they didn't need to stomp on your pride too.

If they do it again take it to the dean. That’s u professional of them.

tounces7 27

You didn't try to write an essay proving the Earth is flat, did you?

tarabella 7

Either your professor hates you oooorrr...you are just really, really stupid and don't know it. As is the case with most stupid people. But that's not an insult, nor your fault. You should get credit for trying at least

I'm very, very tempted to call BS. The only way a student will typically earn a complete zero is by not turning in the work or completely failing to do the actual assignment. Unless it was a pass or fail situation anyway, and even then, you receive D grade for the fail typically (60/100). That or this is grossly misrepresented in regards to classic scoring and they simply received 0 out of 5 points or something along those lines. Not a 0% grade. Even the SAT gives you a few points for putting your name on the paper and filling in the bubbles. I also highly doubt that the feedback ended after that single sentence.

My college gave zeros. Knowing your inane and how to fill in bubbles didn’t earn you participation points. On essays and such, if instructions weren’t followed, they were tossed like they were never turned in. You could usually get an extension, but the best grade at that point was a B. I basically drug someone through a few programming courses after they got a couple of 0s.

Lukr 8

Is that teacher stupid or something? This was obviously satire to point out how terrible the educational system is. You need to interpret that shit!

Mungolikecandy 19

Usually, you get some sort of mark even if you spell your own name correctly.

well, you know what to write on that profs review!