By Noname - 28/02/2009 20:57 - United States

Today, I got a 31% on a Chinese test at school. I moved here to New Jersey from China two months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 485
You deserved it 19 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Were you born in China? I mean, if you lived there for like a year, then that would make sense. Chinese is hard. If you were born there, well I don't know...

jackaaa 0

That actually happens often. I've had friends move to Mexico during high school, and they always did poorly on their English tests. It's because they go into more detail in the class than we ever did here. They concentrate on the little things we don't notice. It's normal.

Comments

swim_fml 0

I do better in my spanish class than a lot of native speakers. It's really not rare or a big deal.

OP, where at in Jersey did you move to? I just moved out of there.

ummmyeahhh 0

I grew up in a tiny town on the border of the US and Mexico and learnt the two languages at the same time. I'm completely fluent in English, Spanish, and Italian too. I failed every Spanish test I ever took. In schools, they focus on strict grammar rules, but when you're fluent, you don't automatically wrack your brain to remember accent goes here, this is written like that... Schools teach language differently than native speakers speak language. Cheer up. It's not the end of the world. Ask the teacher to explain why you are missing points.

First of all, yes south Jersey is great, New Jersey is named the garden state you ignorant assholes, yeah their arn't many gardens anymore but its still bomb down by the shore. secondly, there are a ton of people who live, born and raised, in America and fail English class, so what the **** are we talking about here???? its not that big of a deal that this kid is from china and failed a Chinese test, stop criticizing the man and stop hating!

Hey don't feel bad dude! People speak english and fail english on a regular basis. Just because you "speak it" doesn't mean you'll score 100% on everything.

musicalmandi16 0

yeah chinese doesnt have any ****** tenses. or pronouns. so its understandable. but still embarassing.

Jersey is far from amazing. That said, it's not too bad, either. I've enjoyed the 20 years I lived there. The people who are saying "Jersey is garbage and scum!", don't forget, your state has its fair share of douchebags as well, you being one of them.

What's up with people not saying you deserved it? It's a test. By the nature of testing, you obviously DESERVED whatever score you got, unless there is teacher bias, but I don't think that's the case.

#50, you also are a moron, Chinese is a language, yes its more specific than just chinese, there are different elements to it but its all generalized as Chinese, and when you take the class in America, its called Chinese. So "Umm" ...Ummm shut the **** up!

ionelementz112 0

@53 Actually, 50 is right. Most "Chinese" language classes are actually "Mandarin." The OP could be a native Wu, Min, or Cantonese speaker - all of which are Chinese. I suppose you think Canadians speak Canadian, which you study in a Canadian class. They don't. Most of them speak English, others speak French.