By Noname - 28/02/2009 20:57 - United States

Today, I got a 31% on a Chinese test at school. I moved here to New Jersey from China two months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 485
You deserved it 19 305

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Were you born in China? I mean, if you lived there for like a year, then that would make sense. Chinese is hard. If you were born there, well I don't know...

jackaaa 0

That actually happens often. I've had friends move to Mexico during high school, and they always did poorly on their English tests. It's because they go into more detail in the class than we ever did here. They concentrate on the little things we don't notice. It's normal.

Comments

eehizle 0

**** you all. you've probably never even been to nj. I live in a nice town an hour from the beach. WTF is wrong with that?

In us schools, foreign language classes dont teach genuine language. Eg. In spanish class here in TEXAS, they teach tex mex, not even at least mexican spanish, much less the authentic dialect spken in spain. And my teach was spanish. Not mexican, like he thinks; his family hails from spain. So dont feel bad op.

It's normal, don't worry. My cousin moved from England to the USA, and in her English essays her teacher kept pointing out spelling "mistakes". It wasn't a mistake to her; she was just using England-English, while her teacher was using USA-English. In a similar way, you were probably using a different Chinese dialect. You would've been correct, but to your teacher you were wrong.

Laxer21 0

why the **** would you go there. that place sucks

claratayyingsui 0

aww hey im failing chinese too. my ex-classmate migrated to shanghai cos her dad got a job there. she was failing chinese really badly like me. i really really really hope she gets into a international school.....

hyou ahr du fuhkeeng ediieet . du fahk hyou lahhffe !

New Jersey is awesome. Sure as hell beats Colorado...maybe that's because I hate mountains... (yet, love skiing, what?) But...Jersey is one of those pwnsome states.

opisafag 0

maybe it's cause you got cabbage in yo muff?