By Kelly - 27/12/2009 04:44 - United States

Today, I gave my boyfriend a box of chocolates as a present. A few hours later, he texted me saying that the box of chocolates contained nuts. He's allergic to nuts and his mother now thinks I'm trying to kill him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 624
You deserved it 11 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well in all fairness that is something you should know about your boyfriend....

Billy Mays here! Parent judging you? Get the CHAINSAW! OHSHI-

Comments

yanecitaLMAO 0

wow instead of saying it was yer fault or it wasnt blah blah blah blah bleh yeah we get it & if u want my advice which is waaaaaaay way better here it is: get HIM another effin present duhh xD

Awww, Kelly. Dudes. People who are bagging on little K, the chocolates were from See's Candies & the label only said "Milk Chocolate" on it- no one said anything about nuts. >_>;;

Wow Kelly you would do that.... haha I've been trying to give peanut m&m's to Leland forever... my plan hasn't worked very well.. haha

Adamsfault 0

I have a peanut allergy myself, and I say it's totally his fault. People hand me things all the time and I have to ask about the peanuts and walnuts content. Even family members "try to kill me" on a regular basis. Sorry you had to deal with this, Kelly. PS--he SHOULD know that about the only chocolate he can have are Hershey kisses. Punk.

I used to work in a Godiva store, we always warned people that if the intended recipient had nut allergies we couldn't guarantee the product had not come into contact with nuts. So ask!

omg i feel soo bad 4 u! FUL! does she still let you talk and date?

terriibabiiix23 0

At the same time you should've known this about your boyfriend, your boyfriend should've checked the ingredients before he ate the chocolates! If he's deathly allergic, which he may be since his mother thinks you tried to kill him, he would check the chocolates since practically every box of chocolates has nuts or is processed in a factory that handles nuts! Totally nuts.

Okay the comment entered before I was finished. But if he didn't eat the chocolates yet, what's the mother flipping out for? Honest mistake. I have a friend who's a vegetarian, but I forget that all the time because she just doesn't seem like someone who would be veggie. I know that sounds rather silly, but it's true.

I usually see them as either a) somewhat health-conscious, b) having some concern/regard for animal welfare, or c) having basic hygienic skills, since the usual reasons for being vegetarian happen to go hand in hand with at least one of the aforementioned qualities. My friend has none of these.

Those are just points I have based on my own experience. Generalizing about a group of people is similar to doing the same to other people, but they have to be made if you are trying to talk about a bunch of people. That's why I try not to say "all" and "everyone." So from most of the vegetarians I do know, they follow at least one of A, B, or C. You will have a different viewpoint since you know different people from me. Oh well my friend takes a shower maybe twice a week, and doesn't brush her teeth, wash her face, or comb her hair every day. I sort of feel bad because I can smell her from a mile away, but there really is no sensitive way to tell a person they may want to consider washing up a little more often. I just hope her roommate is okay.

jenwahh 1

yeah i know what you mean about the veggie thing :) one of my friends has been vegan for his whole life, and his whole family is too. but people still forget and give him chocolate and stuff. he gives it all to me :) BUT, it still sucks cause its not really the first thing people think of.