By gtrs750 - 09/08/2009 13:48 - Canada

Today, I gathered both mine and my girlfriend's families secretly to a restaurant. I paid the restaurant to play romantic music, and paid for the best table available. As soon as we finished our meal, our families gathered around and I proposed. She laughed and said no way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 105 292
You deserved it 8 792

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OH MAN!! :( She's a bitch... :( FYL DEFINITELY!

Wow that sucks. But on the flip side, why would you propose to someone without being at least 99.9% sure they were going to say "yes"?

Comments

testing_fml 0

it could have been worse she couldve said yes then dump you later...but wow FYL

YDI. You're the one who invited the entire family and made the big show, so you brought the embarrassment upon yourself. What, was your girlfriend supposed to say yes just because of the big audience?

Agreed. I hate when people do that - I'm sorry, inviting everyone and their mother (literally in this case it seems....) for something like the proposal....all that is doing is putting pressure on her to say yes. If I was her, I'd say no too, just for that reason alone!

No, she was supposed to say yes because I thought she loved me.

lem0n_fml 0

she probably did love you. but that doesn't mean she has to want to spend her life with you.

You're ******* 16. You're too young to have done anything in your life yet, and you haven't proved that you would provide a stable lifestyle for this girl. Of COURSE she would say no. YDI.

iGerman 0

@ gtrs750: Says the 16 year old wanna - be Canadian punk.

how the f#ck is he a punk? he loved her different country different traditions proposed she said know explain to me how he's a punk and when you can't then you can explain to me why your what makes the rest of the world call Americans assholes

So you would automatically say no to a proposal just because yours and his families are there and you felt uncomfortable? Will not lie that seems kind of pathetic.

it was ignorant of him to put her on the spot with the question. Look at both sides.

Maybe you were a bad boyfriend. There's a reason she said no, right? Hard to tell if it's a FYL or a YDI situation.

AngryC4t 0

Proposing in front of a crowd: YDI. She said no: FYL.

YDI DEFINITELY... You can't put that much pressure on someone...

Are people ever going to learn to not propose in front of any family or friends? Or anywhere in public?

Well, she did you a favor. You don't want to marry a bitch like that, anyway.

Why would you ever propose in a public place like that? That puts so much pressure on the girl, -.-.