By _Oblivion_ - 27/11/2011 01:51 - United States

Today, I fractured my finger setting up a rat trap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 830
You deserved it 13 602

Same thing different taste

Top comments

19- Give 1 a break. He's a purple ostrich with an identity crisis. He's got far more important things on his mind than proper grammar.

Comments

you should bait it before you set it.....problem solved

I betchu that rat was watching the whole time, silently. He's probably back at his pad LMFAOing over your misfortune.

Well, there already are 6 people who clearly were not as perceptive as you. Probably will be a few more even with your comment right below it.

Not sure if working or not, better test it

You found out first hand (pun not intended) how "humane" these traps are. If you're gonna kill rats, at least make sure they don't suffer for hours until you find them :)

#68 has a point! That said, a trap is still better than poison... i can vouch first hand for the stupidity of using poison on rodents; 1. you can never be sure just what you are going to kill, and some species e.g. dormice are 'at risk' and in the UK at least are protected by law. 2. having watched a mouse convulse around my kitchen floor (we did not poison the mice, the flat below us did) i can safely vouch for it being a slow and painful way to die - which leads to the next point, as i felt i should put it out of its misery but wasn't sure how, so left the kitchen to get my flatmate, and when i came back the mouse was gone 3. You have no control whatsoever over where the little rodent corpses end up. In this case it was under my flatmates towel in the hall, although i imagine there were some in the walls too. (imagine the stench if a rat died somewhere you couldn't get to!)

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that, besides the stench, the corpse might end up somewhere where it's eaten by other animals (maybe even pets). So yes... poison is a terrible way to kill your rats :(.

do you get catch and release traps for rats? just curiosity, with them being so big and all...

macnasty 1

I've had my fingers snapped setting a few traps.

Use the T-Rex trap. Easier to set up and almost impossible to crush your fingers.

Now I imagined op getting catapulted trying set a "T-Rex trap."