By Anonymous - 16/11/2009 00:52 - Canada

Today, I found out that I'm going to be a mother. This was a mystery, since I take birth control and use condoms all the time. Or, at least, it was, until my mother admitted to swapping my pills and poking holes in my condoms so she could have a grandchild before she died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 107
You deserved it 4 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WHAT. That is terrible!!!! D: What if you're not ready for kids?! Jeez... she is crazy. Sorry about your pregnancy. Unless, that is, you're ready for kids now and wanted one.

Emma89_ 0

sorry, but your Mothers a nut job o.O

Comments

MamaC_fml 0

Screw ethics. There are several ways to make ensure that she doesn't see "grandmother status" anytime soon that will result giving this kid a chance at life: *Give the kid up for adoption. Hell, if OP really wants to piss off her mom, make arrangements for it to be an open adoption, visit the child often, but refuse to inform mom/wannabe grandma of child's whereabouts or what's going on in his/her life. *Cut wannabe grandma out of her life, and thus the kid's life as well. Move away without leaving the new address, and seek support from the community she moves to. Many states' "grandparents' rights" laws would not support her mother in this situation, especially if OP gets on legal record that wannabe grandma tampered with her medicine.

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! If the condoms did have holes in, then it would have been noticeable considering semen would leak into her ****** (and eventually back out again) and they definitely would have noticed that. This sounds so much like the situation from the UK TV show Footballer's Wives. FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!

Not necessarily. Semen would leak out of the condom, yes, but not enough would leak out to where it would actually leak out of the ******. Remember, it only takes one cell to impregnate. It also means that her mother might have been doing this for a while.

if my mom did that...lets just say it wont end well...

if u have sex with a pierced condom, it will rip appart in seconds ....

Thats Pretty awful. Also, My Fiance take Birth Control, and not all of them come in the one a day dispensers, there are some that come in a regular bottle, like the kind you'd get from a CVS Pharmacy. Abort it, plain and simple, unless you want it, but if you're ready for kids, its understandable.

Wow I never thought I'd actually hear real people say "abort it because you don't want it." I thought that was a fake thing pro-lifers said that pro-choicers say because it makes them look like heartless assholes. But apparently it's a common excuse. I'm leaning more pro-life every day. But this one isn't hard to believe. Every pharmacist will tell you that b.c. is not 100% effective and neither are condoms because of unreliability. So even if the mom wasn't doing all that pregnancy is still possible, albeit unlikely.

mj2123 0

You really think being tricked into getting pregnant is a good reason to have a child? She took every necessary precaution and was sabotaged. You have no idea what her life is like - and what her health is like - and what kind of mental, emotional, or physical problems a pregnancy could cause. Abortion isn't birth control, but no one should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term when she doesn't think she can or should be a mother, was taking appropriate precautions not to become pregnant, and was sabotaged by someone she should have been able to trust.

Aborting an unwanted pregnancy is perfectly valid. Even assuming a fetus was a person and had rights (it's not and it doesn't), no human being has the right to use another human beings body without permission. I'm sorry that you think that asserting your right to bodily integrity is heartless, I hope you never get into a situation where you have to but it is a vital and necessary right which we humans have and must protect.

Your mother sounds like she might have Borderline Personality Disorder. Seriously. Do some research--it could make the rest of your life so much easier.

I really hope my girlfriend's mother doesn't read this, because she will get ideas and copy this -long worreid sigh-

Okay, so when I first read this I was like..... ..... ..... ..... Holy shit! It started of fun-- "I found out I was going to be a mother!" I thought that was cool. Me, personally... I want to have a kids. I REALLY do. So this was kind of neat, but then: "my mother admitted to swapping my pills and poking holes in my condoms so she could have a grandchild before she died!" THAT is kid of messed up, really.... And you should actually sue your mother for being a disrespectful person. That is in full right of evading personal space and possibly ruining someone-- Your-- life. I personally wrote this tag line down in my book. I am going to make a short out of this, it is that intense of a situation to not do a short.