By disfordiploma - 25/03/2009 04:12 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm failing this semester because I've missed too many classes. I've missed the classes because I've been having panic attacks, a symptom of my anxiety disorder. I got the anxiety disorder because I was so afraid of failing school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 108 287
You deserved it 28 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smoke some weed. That will help with the anxiety. Also, realise that there is more to life then good grades. They help sure but they are not the be all and end all. And life really begins after you finish school. Not during.

Speak with your school's disability services. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and it ish totally not cool.

Comments

Wow that is ****** up man. Chillax dude, and smoke some weed.

Smoke some weed. That will help with the anxiety. Also, realise that there is more to life then good grades. They help sure but they are not the be all and end all. And life really begins after you finish school. Not during.

totally agree. this year I was all about hanging with my friends and I'm so different it's actually ridiculous so yea =D

i've never done weed and i'm never gonna, and not only do i also have anxiety attacks and failed last year, but im somehow smarter than the guy who posted the original comment -_- you're not a doctor, and weed is definitely not an answer to 'prescribe'.

Hey, I got the prescription, its stops my panick attacks caused by my anxiety and helps with my severe back pains, op, dont be stupid, if it helps, give it a try

Also, go to the grocery store and buy some st.johns wort, its a natural mood stabilizer that works well if you cant or dont want to get high (like if your going to class, work or driving)

haileyshelton 14

It makes my anxiety worse because of the paranoia.

Marijuana doesn't help everyone with anxiety. Some people don't respond to it well and that's fine. I have severe anxiety attacks and I used to smoke weed, but more often than not, smoking made me have even worse panic attacks. It really depends on the person and how their body/mind reacts to the THC

Speak with your school's disability services. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and it ish totally not cool.

Or get over it and stop being a ******* drama queen -.-

Or shut up because it's a ******* mental illness, that can't be cured by just "getting over it"???

I've had plenty of those, but not enough to have a class grade be compromised.

Get some help. That seems pretty serious.

llllight 0

I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same boat right now. Talk to your professors and explain to them whats happening. Thats what I did, and they were incredibly understanding.

deliciouskaek 1

I deal with them too... -patpat- #4 is right. Your school has certain guidelines to follow under the ADA, and should be able to reasonably accommodate you. But no more missing classes, m'dear. See your doctor - more frequently, if necessary - and try to get it under control as best you can. Can't learn if you're not there.

I've had this problem as well, my friend ... I would second the motion to get help (even though some of the other people who suggested it probably did so facetiously). There are people out there who can help you get to where you want to be (aka, therapists).

I had the same problem, and I ended up going to therapy for it. Probably the best decision I've ever made. It's really hard to deal with, but it's definitely possible to get rid of the anxiety disorder. I haven't had a panic attack since I was in therapy, and I used to have them many times a day.