By disfordiploma - 25/03/2009 04:12 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm failing this semester because I've missed too many classes. I've missed the classes because I've been having panic attacks, a symptom of my anxiety disorder. I got the anxiety disorder because I was so afraid of failing school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 108 287
You deserved it 28 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smoke some weed. That will help with the anxiety. Also, realise that there is more to life then good grades. They help sure but they are not the be all and end all. And life really begins after you finish school. Not during.

Speak with your school's disability services. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and it ish totally not cool.

Comments

omg, that has happened to me in the last two days, i feel like i wrote this!

I'm sorry. Welcome to my life.. At my college there is a disabilities form you can fill out so your teachers can take things like that into account..I never filled one out but I probably should have since I almost got dropped from college this past week because of anxiety and attendance..among other things that I totally deserve to be kicked out of school for. Try to get help--it can't hurt! PS If you're like me, pot will make you freak out even more. It's probably worth finding out how you react to it, in case you're like the vast majority of people that benefit from occasional use.

greatnt249 0

#82, was there a point to what you were trying to make, given that it had no relevance to the OP's problem?

Vinny66 0

Medication and therapy is the best combo for curing any mental illness.

Sulaco_fml 0

This happened to me back when I was school, and while it was for different reason and I was never in danger of failing a class over it, it was mortifying and socially ostracizing. The teachers had no patience for it either, they thought I was trying to pull a fast one. Fortunately this kind of thing is much better understood these days. Good luck.

Occam 0

Hey OP, let's form a self-destructive tendencies club!

#82: STFU. surveillance? for panic attacks? seriously? clearly udk wat panic attacks are. try wikipedia.org to the OP: i had a similar experience last semester, but i dont have anxiety attacks, i have allergies. now before ppl start saying that isn't even similar, it is: [a] ppl tell you its all in your head [b] ppl give you stupid advice on how to deal with it [c] it's debilitating [d] sometimes drugs work and sometimes they don't. last sem i switched over to a homeopathic dr b/c after years of treatment w modern medicine, i was developing allergies to dumb stuff like dead bugs and green peas. seriously. the homeopathic dr had me detox which knocked me out pretty bad and i missed a lot of school b/c i wasn't feeling well and couldn't be bothered to do my assignments b/c i was too busy going to the dr and the health food store and feeling lousy. i also had to start consciously relaxing because i had adrenal fatigue. the key is that when i started feeling lousy and noticed i wasn't rly able to keep up w school as good i used to, i told my profs my situation and they were very understanding and took that into consideration when they graded me. idk if your prof already knew abt ur anxiety problem, but with a note from the doctor the school sitiuation should work itself out. going to the homeopathic doctor and doing the detox/taking supplements really helped as bad as i felt initially. i worked in a microbiology lab and was derided regularly for seeing a quack whose treatment made me worse, but i feel really, really good these days and don't have to take as much allergy medicine. (i also quit working in the lab. that was one of the allergy triggers) im much better. i still take allegra and singular for my allergies, but im really careful abt not depending on the drugs and i make sure to relax and am really careful about not taking in pesticides/preservatives. what im saying is go to the doctor about your anxiety, if he prescribes you pills, take them at least for a little while. and if you can afford it, go to a homeopathic dr at least once in addition to the conventional dr. you'll probably feel a lot better if you cleanse your system and make sure to limit your stress. sorry this is so long.

see if marijuana were legal this poor confused little soul could calm the **** down...

burdenofaday 0

You're like a self-fulfilling prophecy of fail. Tragic in a hilarious way, IMO. :P I agree with #93. Smoke weed. :]