By disfordiploma - 25/03/2009 04:12 - United States

Today, I found out that I'm failing this semester because I've missed too many classes. I've missed the classes because I've been having panic attacks, a symptom of my anxiety disorder. I got the anxiety disorder because I was so afraid of failing school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 108 287
You deserved it 28 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smoke some weed. That will help with the anxiety. Also, realise that there is more to life then good grades. They help sure but they are not the be all and end all. And life really begins after you finish school. Not during.

Speak with your school's disability services. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and it ish totally not cool.

Comments

x51Ntheticx 0

holyshit. I missed an entire year of high school due to panic attacks and anxiety. f-our-lives.

Anonymus101 4

Wow, that's kind of brutal, but yeah contact disabled student services and see if you can get help.

Wow, that sounds exactly like my fall semester. I was so stressed and then my 21st birthday weekend rolled around. Drinking excessively that weekend messed my stomach up even more and in turn I got gastritis. I was having panic attacks because I was afraid my stomach wouldn't get better and I wouldn't be able to go to class causing my stomach to stay sick for like a month. Fortunately, I talked to all of my teachers about what was going on and they were fairly understanding. I've been off of medication for 2 and a half years. And now I'm considering going back on something. I want to travel this summer. My anxiety gets terrible on the interstate.

screampillow 0

Same problem here. I had to drop the last two semesters of college, it got so bad. I'm working on it with my psych, though! Don't listen to those who say it's your fault or to smoke weed or do drugs. Some teachers will understand. Rely on the help of doctors (and their notes), student disability services, and maybe take a parent with you to a meeting with each of your professors. DO meet with them; it's very important! I know that might cause panic attacks as well, which is why I took my mom along. Good luck!

greatnt249 0

""anxiety disorder" is just an excuse. Suck it up and get over it." Anyone who makes the above assertion needs to educate themselves. Anxiety disorders are very real and have the potential to be disabling. To the OP, I suggest you seek help before your panic disorder develops into agoraphobia.

The same thing happened to me, except my anxiety wasn't over failing school, and my 'friends' proceeded to get in my face asking 'what the **** is wrong with you?'. Needless to say, I completely ditched them after that year was finished. But then I saw a therapist, and it really really helped. Talk to your teachers, see someone about it, it will help.

Wow. I can't believe how many people have gone through/are going through this too. I have the same problems and have had them since 7th grade. It can be debilitating. One day this semester, I drove 35 minutes to class, and when I got there, I couldn't go in. I couldn't explain why but I simply could not go in. I was hyperventilating and crying. I turned around and went back home. I'm now seeking help. I go in Monday. Thank you for letting me know that I am NOT the only one....

Alright this is just pissing me off for all the people saying smoke weed, don't smoke weed its bad. To tell you the truth I do smoke weed and in my experiences it does help ALOT, now I'm not say yeah go smoke weed I'm saying that it helps and mellows you out, now for the people saying don't smoke weed it doesn't help it will just make it worse, you are wrong. If you have never experienced it then please don't post that, now I'm no hippie and everything but the government gives some of the truth about weed and some not, now smoking weed will not help your lungs out any, but there is other ways to take it (bake it in your favorite dish, brew it into a tea), I don't know but its just pissing me off that ever puts down weed and saying all these bad things about it. The only reason I smoke it is because I enjoy it, mellows me out, and I have fun times (no it's not like alcohol where you do crazy stuff and get mad) no weed is all natural and people have been smoking weed for century's. Again if you have never smoked, drank, or ate weed don't post saying how bad it is unless you experienced it before. Just don't be stupid with it and smoke wherever, your home or a trusted friends house would be that best place. =p Have a Nice Day.

shuuldnt you have like special classes or something? or atleast be under some sort of surveilence? i mean you can go to normal classes with panic attacks... and 100% with #82 drugs is for dumasses. and for those who think weed does nothing to you, well go to school. idk but maybe just maybe your high when u said that.

now that you are staring your fear in the face, you can overcome it and the anxiety attacks