By Anonymous - 30/10/2013 22:27 - United Kingdom - Romford

Today, I found out that, although I have the same job title and complete the same work as my male colleagues, I get paid 15% less, purely because I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 705
You deserved it 8 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should do 15 percent less work from now on

And you've talked to your boss about this?

Comments

icepick23 12

Hey, at least you get to be a sexual object, lol...

And this is new to you?? People have known this goes on for like years, it's disgusting and it's sad that more people don't know about it so they can help change it

Are you going by hourly rates or your monthly paycheck? If by paycheck, try checking how many days off you take compared to your male coworkers and also see if they all do overtime. If you work the same hours and they don't do overtime, sue. Otherwise, quit your bitching.

shitty if that's all there is to it. Most jobs pay more depending on experience, school and stuff like that so I would like more info.

Not tooting my own horn here, but Canada put in a strict law on this years ago. A couple of woman sued for a lot of money. Toot.

This is like the worst thing I've ever heard.

There seems to be too many variables here that we just don't know. A lot of the time the 'pay gap' is simply because men are naturally more aggressive, they negotiate higher pay, whereas women just accept what's offered. Make absolutely sure that the reason you're being paid less is because you have boobs.

It is because you are eligible to leave work if you become pregnant while they are not.

Not true. Men have the same opportunity to leave work for a new baby.

bobo_the_bear 5

140. I am sure if the guys become pregnant, they too can get time off.

You do realize what you've just described is illegal in the UK, right?

Same job title and same work, yes, but same seniority ?