Exploitation

By Anonymous - 11/08/2022 18:00

Today, despite having made it clear that I'm neither interested, nor I am able to take over the jobs of the 3 members of staff who have recently left, my boss made a "Progress Plan" for me and will check on it weekly. I'm getting paid 1.5 times less than average in my role and he's not giving me a raise because the company is stingy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 022
You deserved it 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blargerpanda 13

Start looking for a new job. Trust me, staying in that position will do you no favors in your future especially for that kinda pay.

Well that just means the ball is in your court!! so you have many choices here you can stand your ground and insist on a raise and tell them you'll quit on the spot otherwise or start looking for another job or your other option would be to work as slow as possible and do the least amount you can each day 😃 Also try speaking with HR it might help.

Comments

Well that just means the ball is in your court!! so you have many choices here you can stand your ground and insist on a raise and tell them you'll quit on the spot otherwise or start looking for another job or your other option would be to work as slow as possible and do the least amount you can each day 😃 Also try speaking with HR it might help.

Tell your boss you'll quit too if they don't stop. Sounds like they're the reason the others quit.

blargerpanda 13

Start looking for a new job. Trust me, staying in that position will do you no favors in your future especially for that kinda pay.

Sounds like it’s time for a new job. And shit, driving for Grubhub may be a good stopgap in case you need to tell them to **** off sooner.

Sounds like the Progress Plan is for you to progress to doing the work of 5 people for free. Slavery is the ultimate aim of management!

Marcella1016 31

Exactly why I left my old job. People left, I kept taking on more work, never got raises because of financing issues. After the last guy left and they kept trying to get me to take over his role after I made it expressly clear I didn’t want to, I finally left. After like a decade. Now I’m at a new place I love, making way closer to what I should at this point in my career, and couldn’t be happier. You need to do this too.

Marcella1016 31

Wait...your math doesn’t work out. Are you making negative money? Let’s say average is $100k. 1x $100k = $100k. So 1x less than $100k is $100k - $100k = $0. But you’re making 1.5 less than average. 1.5x $100k = $150k. $150k less than $100k = -$50k. Hope you’re not working in finance! May be a good time to switch careers haha

Sdog 6

I agree. And any amount times lower than something is a very strange way to describe it.

OP's phrasing is probably a very clumsy way of saying he only makes 2/3rd of the average salary in his field. Basically, the average is 1.5 time higher than OP's wage.

Marcella1016 31

That helps actually, Plop, thanks! I couldn’t figure out what OP could have meant, but that logic makes sense.