By Anonymous - 15/10/2009 11:29 - Canada

Today, I found out that, because I'm a student, the employees I train make more than me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 151
You deserved it 2 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

go_rangers 0

I'm a grad student. Being unemployed makes more than me. Such is life. Once you graduate, you'll make more than them. Hopefully. After you pay back those loans of course.

It'll get better when you get your degree. But in the mean time, FYL.

Comments

go_rangers 0

I'm a grad student. Being unemployed makes more than me. Such is life. Once you graduate, you'll make more than them. Hopefully. After you pay back those loans of course.

Harry_Poochi 0

Are you this person? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BVvNE78lyc&feature=fvw

ChunAsperEndao 0

Yeah, it doesn't actually work that way. I graduated cum laude from NYU, and now I work part-time retail. High school drop-outs make more than me just because they've been with the company for years.

That's not an FML, it's your own fault

lmmmr 0

Yes, how foolish of you to seek higher education. What were you thinking? Seriously, what is with the crucifixion of educated people these days? Education in general? Political candidates were criticized for being too "collegiate." Seriously, I would think it would be a blessing to have intelligent, educated people in office. Why is America afraid of intelligence?

lmmmr 0

Yes, how foolish of you to seek higher education. What were you thinking? Seriously, what is with the crucifixion of educated people these days? Education in general? Political candidates were criticized for being too "collegiate." Seriously, I would think it would be a blessing to have intelligent, educated people in office. Why is America afraid of intelligence?

It'll get better when you get your degree. But in the mean time, FYL.

Not an FML; this is normal. Do your time, then collect your dimes. There's a final test before you can graduate, though: spell "than" the way it's pronounced. Hope you pass! Study hard.

**** you OP! Thats all I gotta say. I live in Ontario and its little ******** college kids like you who steal jobs from people who need them. Some people have families to feed and bills to pay. You just need jobs to have more money for beer and to ****-around on. **** you thats what!

or did it ever occur to you that the OP is paying their way through college so that one day they can create a company to make more jobs like assholes like you?

I don't remember hearing of college magically becoming free, 23, and college kids don't have to eat or support themselves or anything like that... right...

ArtChick 0

The same exact thing happened to me. I'm the office manager at a chiropractor's office but I just went off to school in August. So when we were hiring people to replace me, my boss told them that they would be making $2.00 more than me per hour. I refused to train them because I had been working there for two years and wasn't going to train people to do my job while they were making more money than I was.

You see, since we're not aware what your job is, what kind of student you are, and what kind of education the people you train have, it's not really an FYL! I work as a cashier.. I had people that were students train me, and I made more than them even though they'd been there for two years. Why? Because I had a high school diploma, and they were still in high school. Right now, I've been there for over a year, I train people who make more than me. Why? Because now, I'm just a college student, and they have college degrees. Suck it up and finish. It sucks being young, but you'll get your turn someday.

When I was a cashier there were people I trained that got paid more than me, because I was a student and wasn't available all the time, and my employer had premiums that they paid for various things such as "available anytime" and "available sundays" etc. I wasn't available anytime so I wasn't getting that premium.

ChunAsperEndao 0

Where do you work? And can I get a job there? That sounds like nothing I've ever heard of. I have a degree, and the store I work at pays me about forty cents over minimum wage. Rate of pay is based primarily on length of employment.

Simple math says to drop out of school. If you're a simpleton. It's called 'paying your dues'.

Hey aussfart: **** you, you loser! I'm a college student, but we have bills too! Tuition is a big one, books...plus I gotta pay rent, utilities, groceries, gas, etc... Most college students don't deserve those jobs any less than you do. Maybe if you were actually a student in college at one point, you could get a more secure job than having to compete with a bunch of kids!

And that's why I get sick of hearing people tell me "Just wait til you get into the real world".... OH REALLY? Pretty sure I know what the hell it's like!

OH MY GOD!!! :(( OH. MY. GOD. :((( You're making money, **** YOUR LIFE :((((