Seize the means

By Anonymous - 14/02/2021 07:58

Today, I found out I make less money than the temps at my job by over 2 dollars an hour. I've been working there the longest and do 75% of the job myself. I was told, "We'll think about it" when talking to upper management about getting equal pay or close to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 106
You deserved it 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quit and come back as a temp. And do only your fair share of the work. You'll get paid more for doing less. Someone owes me a free lunch.

samomaha 17

Sorry to hear that, OP. Perhaps it's time to start looking for new employment. But i hope they do raise your pay, that would be the best!

Comments

Aaron Slattery 4

are you full time? do you get the perks of paid holidays and public holidays off. then there's the difference. temps don't.

Quit and come back as a temp. And do only your fair share of the work. You'll get paid more for doing less. Someone owes me a free lunch.

rotflqtms_ 21

For me, Travel nurses make 2x that of staff nurses and don't do as much work. Sux, but if you can't beat em, join em.

samomaha 17

Sorry to hear that, OP. Perhaps it's time to start looking for new employment. But i hope they do raise your pay, that would be the best!

Do look for another job that pays more. Do not look to become a temporary worker - No insurance, no vacation, no sick days, and they are the first to be let go if business slows down.

find a better paying job and walk, no notice no nothing. You deserve way better than what they're doing to you.

tounces7 27

What the temps are making isn't even what the company is paying for them, they're usually paying $3-6 an hour MORE than their wage to the temp agency for providing the service.