By Anonymous - 20/07/2010 16:29 - United States

Today, I found out my parents are getting divorced. They're fighting over the dog instead of my sister and me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 927
You deserved it 3 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well, maybe they already decided who gets who, and now it's down to the dog?

I hear you on that one...My parents are getting a divorce and are acting ridiculous.

Comments

who gives a crap about Brittany and Jessica,they bitch on FML all day, I want fluffy, he's trained to grab me beers!!

Kawaiichan42 3

At least they're not selling the dog. My dad did that to get back at my mom... with my dog, and they didn't fight over custody. Your life isn't really that terrible. You might want to suggest to them that the dog stays with you and your sister. My dad's ex-girlfriend had that arrangement. She had the kids and dog one weekend, then the kids went with their dad, and the dog went with. Might be worth mentioning anyway.

Either you're going to be travelling back and forth between the two, or they already decided who would go where. I'm sorry for you OP, but maybe you should have thought of all the possible reasons of why they weren't fighting over you before posting..?

I wouldn't be concerned, personally. While it seems hurtful it really isn't: You and your sister will be fought for in court but the dog, unless terms are come to outside of court, will be sold and the money split between them since a dog is (legally) property.

FeedtheBrood 0

OP it's probably a good thing you're parents aren't so bitter about each other as to fight over their kids. You don't want to be in that situation o_0

Trupe 3

Well a dog does take less money than two kids. Maybe that's why?

bryanna9098 0

I found out my parents are getting divorced yesterday, I yelled at them because I wanted the dog to live with me :P lol

OliviaNicole, don't be rude. have your parents ever been in a divorce? it's tough, especially when the parents show more interest in the dog instead of you. OliviaNicole, you might be treated like a little princess, but we aren't all treated that way.

sounds bad, but with kids they will probably have equal custardy where as with a dog you either have it, or you don't