By Anonymous - 20/07/2010 16:29 - United States

Today, I found out my parents are getting divorced. They're fighting over the dog instead of my sister and me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 927
You deserved it 3 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well, maybe they already decided who gets who, and now it's down to the dog?

I hear you on that one...My parents are getting a divorce and are acting ridiculous.

Comments

#49 - wow it says her parents ARN'T divorced. Geese have you ever herped so much that you derped moment..

just_cr1s 4
just_cr1s 4
ChocolateTazer 0

it's actually my sister and I.

Phichee 0

#82, OP had it right with "my sister and me". If you break down the sentence, which sounds better? "They're fighting over the dog instead of my sister.", "They're fighting over the dog instead of me." OR "They're fighting over the dog instead of I." Proper English rules determine that "my sister and me" is correct, not "my sister and I" despite the fact that to certain ears "my sister and I" sounds slightly less clumsy. I risk sounding like an English snob, but I couldn't let that one slide. In other news, OP, sorry to hear your parents are divorcing. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise, and in time the family unit will be less problematic because your parents aren't always at each others throats...and fighting over a dog. I think the biggest problem for OP is that the parents are splitting up (and it sounds like it's getting messy), and OP is very hurt by that. Instead of getting consolation and assurance from her folks, she's witness to them fighting over a DOG. It's like OP's feelings (and those of her sister) don't matter much at all, if the parents are squalling over who gets the dog. Divorces are a messy business 9 times out of 10...hopefully everything works out in the end.

camilynn 0

joint custody of the dog! haha I'm still great friends with an old roommate and we adopted 2 dogs together! that's what we do!

maybe they decided that ahead of time there would be joint custody or simply have one of them care for you. the dog is considered property so if one person gets it, they keep it.

It's easier to get dates walking a dog than walking a kid.

OliviaNicole 5

You know, I'm adopted from a hell bent family. My birthparents got divorced. My fosterparents got divorced. My adoptive parents are still together. I'm sorry if that sounded offensive. But dogs dont backtalk and have attitudes like you people do. I'm not surprised the parents want the dog more than their own kids. ASK before you assume.