New relations

By Pat - 22/09/2020 04:01 - United States - Buffalo

Today, I found out my newly-divorced father is now going to marry my girlfriend's mother. Tough situation here. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 387
You deserved it 87

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he's not going to marry your girlfriend's daughter. Now that would have been awkward.

if you're an adult, it doesn't matter... it'll be a bit odd at family get togethers,, but other than that, nothing wrong with it.

Comments

At least he's not going to marry your girlfriend's daughter. Now that would have been awkward.

2deployments1divorce 11

Go watch a movie called Lone Star State of Mind.

if you're an adult, it doesn't matter... it'll be a bit odd at family get togethers,, but other than that, nothing wrong with it.

dude, Idgaf how old they are. his gf will be his stepsister and you don't find that weird?

Is it a little odd? Yes. But if they are adults it has far less impact on their life in general than if the o.p. and his gf are teenagers. If they are teenagers, then I can see a weurd/gross factor, and to date would be inappropriate in some states. And if they'd be living in the same house as brither/sister, then definitely not ok. But, if they are adults, and not living with their parents, then it has little impact.

Michael Sawyer 11

My step-sister and I dated in High School. We got together in 1996 and dated right up until my mother and her father got married. We both get a kick out of telling people that we used to date our step sibling and watching their reactions. Then we will tell the rest of the story and say.. how do you think that our parents met (by they way it was my senior prom in 1997 when my mom and her dad met, married 2 years later). There is NO BLOOD relation between you and your possible step sister, do not let it get to you there is nothing wrong with it. If you decide to stay together try and find the funny in it like my Step-sister and I did.

mcsmee 7

Just think how much fun you'll have telling everyone that you married your step-sister (assuming it goes that far).

Just make sure your future children know that you were with your mom BEFORE she became your step-sister. It'll be harder explaining how their paternal grandmother and maternal grandmother are the same person. Your family tree is a banzai.

As long as you don't live in the same house it's not tough at all. It all depends on your age.

It's not like it's illegal for you to carry on dating her when she becomes your stepsister.