By Dioxin01 - 15/09/2010 20:55 - Canada

Today, I found out I'm being sued by the man whose life I practically saved a month ago. He says the way I pulled him out of the car he was trapped in has left him with permanent back problems. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 474
You deserved it 3 467

Dioxin01 tells us more.

Hey everyone, This happened while I was driving in the United States. Also if I hadn't helped him, there would be no chance of him being alive today.

Top comments

Wow, whatta bastard. Tell him to go **** himself.

that1guy1 13

counter sue. Good Samaritan law.

Comments

iamelrebel 0

he can't sue you. there is a law protecting you. it's called the Good Samaritan act.

bugmenotmofo 34

the judge wouldn't press charges.

Get some clothes on you hussy. I'd report this pic as inappropriate, bit there's no option

but** By the way, why do you want attention from the perverts here anyway?

anna: For future reference, you can report that stuff by PMing a mod (Vanni and Quite_Insane are two of them) or shooting an email to the staff. There are a few staff email addys, but [email protected] has always worked for my communication needs. :]

that sucks. the good Samaritan laws should protect you though

If you're first aid certified then you know you have to ask for permission to help him if he's conscious. That being said, if you did not get his permission to help (if he was conscious) then I'm sorry to say OP, but in this messed up times, he has rights to sue you :( Also, rule of thumb is to call for help 1st, then obey their instructions.

If you aren't a trained professional, you shouldn't pull people out of a car after a crash, even if the car is on fire. You can do more damage pulling someone out of a wrecked car than s/he sustained in the crash. The sole exception to this is if the gas tank is on fire. Then you should pull him/her out of the car.

Just as an addendum, the OP can't be sued, due to "Good Samaritan" laws, but my above comment is just to say that if you aren't trained to respond to an emergency and/or don't have the right tools, it can actually be better to do nothing than risk injuring the person further.

OP can get sued. I don't think Canadian's have the same laws that we have in the U.S.

What a douche. Some people will do anything for money. Hopefully a judge will see that you did the right thing by saving this ungrateful bastard's life.

rety1 13

there's no way to prove you caused any problems because by the sound of it you pulled him from the wreckage of a crashed car. he could have had the problem before, the problem could have came from the accident itself, or it really could have been you. the most unlikely possibility is that you caused it. any judge in his right mid would look at the case hear both sides and throw it out on an unaccountability therefore I don't think I'd worry too much..

ydi for pulling someone out of a car without proper spinal immobilization devices....leave it to the professionals.