By Dioxin01 - 15/09/2010 20:55 - Canada

Today, I found out I'm being sued by the man whose life I practically saved a month ago. He says the way I pulled him out of the car he was trapped in has left him with permanent back problems. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 474
You deserved it 3 467

Dioxin01 tells us more.

Hey everyone, This happened while I was driving in the United States. Also if I hadn't helped him, there would be no chance of him being alive today.

Top comments

Wow, whatta bastard. Tell him to go **** himself.

that1guy1 13

counter sue. Good Samaritan law.

Comments

he won't get squat your in canada - courts protect us from the idiotic suing practices likes the states.

that sucks. you should of let him to perish.

seeexyjessy 0

Wow whadda jerk! Yu shouldve just let him die,instead of helping him =p

Kill him and hide the body. This is precisely what's wrong with the world. Even if the good samaritan law protects him, OP will likely have to pay thousands of dollars in legal fees to avoid having to pay millions.

missvee98324 0
Erindub 0

Well if the car twasn't on fire or danger of being on fire hes kinda in the right here but all at the same time also a complete douchebag for suing you.

good Samaritan act protects you. he will lose in court.

It's impossible. You are from Québec ( as shown on the FML ) and here we have a special law called the "Loi du bon samaritin" that says that we have the obligation to help anyone in problem but, to protect us, that we cannot be sued for anything that happened due to that help or our lack of medecin knowledge. That is unless, of course, if we did something incredibly stupid like doing cpr with you foot on heels. You get the point.

It is entirely possible that you deserved it. Never never never never never never never NEVER move someone with a serious back or neck injury unless you are absolutely sure that either: (a) you know what you're doing and won't injure their spinal cord; or (b) they will die if you leave them where they are until an actual paramedic arrives. Without knowing the circumstances of the wreck it's hard to say for sure, of course, but real-life car crashes do not lead to explosions, so unless the car is actively burning or the victim is bleeding to death and you can't 't stop it without moving him first, you're likely to take a bad situation and make it life-changeingly worse.

I wouldn't say anybody deserves debt for the rest of their and their kids' lives for attempting help. If the guy suing knew he wasn't in immediate danger, his ass could have said no. I do agree and follow the whole not moving thing.

129: The suer may have actually said no, or been unconscious. I don't know how seriously an untrained Good Samaritan would take a request like that; the victim had obviously been quite banged up. If he did say "Don't move me," OP could've chalked it up to confusion or not comprehending the threat to his life.