By Dioxin01 - 15/09/2010 20:55 - Canada

Today, I found out I'm being sued by the man whose life I practically saved a month ago. He says the way I pulled him out of the car he was trapped in has left him with permanent back problems. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 474
You deserved it 3 467

Dioxin01 tells us more.

Hey everyone, This happened while I was driving in the United States. Also if I hadn't helped him, there would be no chance of him being alive today.

Top comments

Wow, whatta bastard. Tell him to go **** himself.

that1guy1 13

counter sue. Good Samaritan law.

Comments

dw op, it will most likely get thrown away in court.

imright24 0

Unless the car was on fire (which it probably wasn't or you would have said you pulled him out of a burning car), you didn't save him, shouldn't have pulled him out, and probably did do more damage. I'd sue you too if I didn't know you'd win under the good samaritan laws.

Shaddo_fml 0

good Samaritan act prevents that. pretty sure it's federal too

If his life was in danger then he can't sue you, Its called the Good Samaritan Law

alwaysbored13 14

What a way to show his gratitude ... Next time leave him there to die in a freaking painful way.

Well, due to the Good Samaritan Law, you could either win or lose. It all depends on your intentions, whether he was conscious or not, if you checked to see if moving him would hurt him, how you moved him, etc. Good luck. That ungrateful bastard must've wanted to die.

screw him I'm a paramedic and you have no idea how Many people fake it just to get a settlement. it makes me sick

crazyman20012001 0

I think there is a law that protects you if you save someone's life, as long as they can't prove you were negligent.

As I said, its IMPOSSIBLE in Quebec to sue someone for that. I have 3 years of law studies behind me. And english is my second language, so sorry if its not perfect. Id like to see people write in french. Quebec law is really special, and event different from the rest of Canada of the civil part. We're not in common law.