By crap - 07/03/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, I finally told my best friend whom I've secretly been in love with for two years that I was in love with her but at the last second chickened out and said I was joking. She replied with "Don't scare me like that. I thought I was going to have to find a new best friend for a second" FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 396
You deserved it 7 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

izzi_fml 0

wat if she said that because she liked u too? like she would have to find a new best friend because u guys will be lovers...

Sounds like my life man. I actually told my current closest female friend like 2 weeks ago. It hasn't gone well.

Comments

Sirref 0

This is the reason i am a firm believer that people should not date their best friends, because every time for some reason the one being liked feels so uncomfortable they have to end the friendship, which makes no sense. Dude, don't worry things will work out maybe not with her, but you'll find someone.

Whoever moderated this clearly gave you a pity pass. Shape up your story telling skills, please. That aside, that's an occupational hazard of being friends with someone from the sex you're attracted to.

Considering the fact that the OP is also a girl, it appears to be a gender neutral occupational hazard.

awwwwww :( i do understand where she's coming from, but that doesn't make it suck any lesss. i'm sorry.

iammeanttolive 0

That was cold. I feel bad for you.

Ehm, sounds to me like she meant it in a 'good' way, like having to find a new best friend because she gained a boyfriend :P

Bubs_fml 0

Permanently in the friend zone. Give it up.

**** all the zones. She wants someone that will treat her like shit. That's why she needs a human tissue to use up. Super-**** that! She would have to go find a new tissue. That's why dudes try to get head and get out as fast as possible.

._. If she stops being your friend just like that, then she probably doesn't deserve you.