By crap - 07/03/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, I finally told my best friend whom I've secretly been in love with for two years that I was in love with her but at the last second chickened out and said I was joking. She replied with "Don't scare me like that. I thought I was going to have to find a new best friend for a second" FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 396
You deserved it 7 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

izzi_fml 0

wat if she said that because she liked u too? like she would have to find a new best friend because u guys will be lovers...

Sounds like my life man. I actually told my current closest female friend like 2 weeks ago. It hasn't gone well.

Comments

#26: It doesn't sound that way at all... but I wish I had your blinding optimism. I lost that around the time I found out Santa didn't exist.

kagome_eb 0

she meant it, get out of their. BE STRAIGHT FORWARD! 15 too, you need to tell them straight because otherwise your just living with the maybes and thats not going to get you anywhere. say you love her, she doesn't like you back then its good, you don't have to waist your time on her ass anymore.

hey u never know she might of chickened too and has the same feelings and now is just as upset as u

DanceRox9008 0

the same exact thing happened to me. i told my best friend i was in love with him and then i chickened out at the last minute and he seemed relieved. later i found out from one of his friends that he actually really liked me and now were dating. dont give up yet!

My best friend told me the same thing in March 2007. Nearly two years later, we're still friends, but I still have the feeling she still likes me.

cbahh 0

Did you consider that maybe you made HER feel like crap by saying, "I love you. OH, HAHA, I'M JOKING!" So then she felt the need to assure you that SHE'D never be interested either? Seems like a likely scenario. You probably hurt her feelings.

yeahhhh i've been there / kinda am there now still... it sucks. big time.

#38 has a good point. it's certainly possible. i'd probably do the same just to cover up feeling hurt, even if i liked you too.

I can relate to that. My best friend basically vomited when I told her, and then was like "Don't ever say that again!'

psitstrue 0

I love the fact that most of you assume that the person who wrote this is male... which is not necessarily true.