By chuffberry - 19/04/2016 13:39 - United States - Raleigh

Today, I finally saw a dermatologist due to my unusually severe acne. Now I know I actually have a rare disorder that makes me allergic to my own acne. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 003
You deserved it 1 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And then the stress of of your allergic reaction causes more acne. It's a cruel vicious cycle.

Comments

Hope you get the treatment you need. Good luck op.

The drug has unpleasant long-term side effects. Let OP's doc offer a safer one.

Typically I can try find some abstract way that "You deserved it" may possibly apply, but not in this case. Sorry to hear OP

30 If one could force themselve to be less stressed, I assure you nobody would be stressed. Besides, genetics play a huge part in having acne. I wish op the best luck with their situation.

How and why the **** would someone say you deserve this what the hell

Didn't even know that was possible. That sucks op.

See, normally an FML has human input. This one, however, is just nature at it's most cruel. FYL op, hope they have a way to treat this!

What is the treatment for such a disorder?

Yes it is. Some pills,a syrup and a diet where you try to reduce most of the junk food you eat. Results are shown within a month. Sorry I can't tell you the pills anymore, I had it when I was in middle school so I can't remember. But considering my acnee and allergic reaction to it was so bad that if I had a pimple on my forhead and popped it, my whole forehead would just swell like I injected botox in it for e days, and CURED it, its totally treatable. Don't panic. It goes away with age apparently.

Well that's an interesting disorder Good luck finding a solution to stop your face from hating itself

Maybe they can just treat the acne? (No acne, no allergic reaction?) My bf was on acutane for 6 months as a teen. It poses a threat for kidney damage in some people (and chronic dry skin while you're on it), but you might look into it and weigh the costs and benefits.