By gassymomma - 28/04/2014 16:58 - United States - Sparta

Today, I farted so loudly I not only woke myself up, but my husband as well. He mistook my gas for someone trying to break in and insisted on checking the whole house. I was too embarrassed to tell him the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 251
You deserved it 9 364

gassymomma tells us more.

Op here, I really didn't expect this to get posted. I'm 8 months pregnant so gas has become part of my daily life. I don't normal mind admitting to it but he was so worried about making sure I was safe I didn't have the heart to tell him it was just gas that scared him. Later that day while we were just sitting on the couch I farted again and he made a joke that there must be a whale at the window.

Top comments

The burglar was an excuse. He was really checking the house for exposed flames or electrical circuits.

Comments

I had to laugh, the only thing funnier would have been if your ass was pressed into his body and the vibrations shook him too.

kat_moore15 12

Ah. I can't believe I'm admitting this. When I was in elementary school, I was taking a test and got so nervous I farted extremely loud and in the dead silence, I blamed it on a kid behind me. I will never forget it.

Break in? He needed to break out and get some fresh air....

Maybe he was trying to be nice and used that as an excuse to leave the room immediately.

I think searching the house was an excuse to get away from the stinky wake up call! Thank you for this fml, OP I laughed really hard!

I think it's adorable that you still care to impress your husband!

if you're married, why is it embarrassig to tell him? Just tell him "sorry my fart woke you up!" and laugh

How long have you been married? My husband would have sat up said "Zat you?" and then high fived me! lol But after 18 years together there are no boundaries!