By gassymomma - 28/04/2014 16:58 - United States - Sparta

Today, I farted so loudly I not only woke myself up, but my husband as well. He mistook my gas for someone trying to break in and insisted on checking the whole house. I was too embarrassed to tell him the truth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 251
You deserved it 9 364

gassymomma tells us more.

Op here, I really didn't expect this to get posted. I'm 8 months pregnant so gas has become part of my daily life. I don't normal mind admitting to it but he was so worried about making sure I was safe I didn't have the heart to tell him it was just gas that scared him. Later that day while we were just sitting on the couch I farted again and he made a joke that there must be a whale at the window.

Top comments

The burglar was an excuse. He was really checking the house for exposed flames or electrical circuits.

Comments

I would insist on any excuse to leave the stinky bedroom too haha

YDI for not just owning up to something as trivial as a fart.

I feel like if you're married you shouldn't be embarassed just over a very loud fart as your husband should hopefully know its a regular bodily function. That or my parents have been together too long because there is no shame of that in front of family.

HAHA this honestly just made my day !!

OP I'm literally trying to imagine what would the fart sound ?

if my husband thought it was a burglar I'd laugh so damn hard at him and be like I win this fact round... seriously op it's not a fml, everyone farts sometimes louder then others but hell at leat he didn't puke on you.

Michael2687 9

Lmao, that's awesome!!!! I wish I had a wife like you!!

I was really trying to imagine how would that sound... The closest thing I can compare it to is when u try to push a heavy coffee table and have to stop halfway.

Op here, I really didn't expect this to get posted. I'm 8 months pregnant so gas has become part of my daily life. I don't normal mind admitting to it but he was so worried about making sure I was safe I didn't have the heart to tell him it was just gas that scared him. Later that day while we were just sitting on the couch I farted again and he made a joke that there must be a whale at the window.

I feel for you, OP. Pregnancy gas totally sucks, but at least there's generally no smell!

I feel for you! I'm pregnant as well and I'm letting gas go as often as I can! It does take some of the pressure off of my stomach!

If I were you I would've told him. You'll probably laugh about it in the future. Who knows?