Pleased to meet you

By Anonymous - 11/11/2022 22:00

Today, I answered the door at my boyfriend's house to an obese woman, who looked and smelled homeless, and rudely tried to barge past me to get inside. I told her to get out or I’d call the police. My boyfriend behind me saw this disgusting woman and said those two awful words: “Hi Mom.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 208
You deserved it 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look at your boyfriend, say "Nope" and walk out. You don't want to marry into that family, do you?

OOF! Sell it as you were just protecting your BFs possessions from anyone you didn't know yet. That you look out for him can be a good thing.

Comments

OOF! Sell it as you were just protecting your BFs possessions from anyone you didn't know yet. That you look out for him can be a good thing.

Look at your boyfriend, say "Nope" and walk out. You don't want to marry into that family, do you?

Marcella1016 31

Why are you answering the door at his house? And even with the appearance, I’d still be polite to whoever it is because you literally don’t know who it could be because...it’s not your house. Sorry OP but YDI.

Nikki 16

Are you not allowed to answer the door at other peoples houses? And she tried to push past her without any explanation, she had every right to be rude

How were you not taught this by an adult already? No it is not acceptable to answer other people's doors unless they ask you to. I don't even answer my own door if I'm not expecting someone, so if someone answered my door for me, they'd be heading out that door quickly. That's just basic common sense and manners.

Marcella1016 31

No I’ve never answered the door at someone else’s house, unless they ask me to let someone in. Someone knocks, I look at them and wait for them to get the door. Is this not normal?

Time to dump him. His mom sounds like a nightmare.

he should have warned you. if he knew...

Am I the only one who was relieved that the surprise relative wasn't a young child?