By ThisIsGonnaBeAwkward - 06/12/2011 15:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I discovered that the word 'randy' means 'horny' in England. I'm going to England next semester to study abroad. My name is Randy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 570
You deserved it 5 283

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We aren't retarded. We use the word horny a lot more. Randy is a dying word over here.

Andr913 13

When I was in England, the name Lou seemed to be very popular. It has a little tinkle to it.

Comments

Girl says "are you Randy?" "for you I am definately Randy"

Mackenzie99 6
diidiimi 10

Don't worry, Dick and Fanny are also traditional English names, and in the Commonwealth Fanny doesn't mean 'bum/arse' it means '******'. So I don't think you need to worry all that much about being Randy.

Gee, really? Did you also know that "dick" is slang for penis, and is also commonly used as a nickname for men named Richard?! /sarcasm

IF they make fun of your name, make fun of them for their accents. Seems like a fair trade.

RedPillSucks 31

Well, She'll be the one with the accent. Sounds like a lose-lose proposition.

Go by Randall or Randolph. Even when you come back to North America. Randy is a pretty white-trash name....See National Lampoon's X-Mas/Vegas vacation. Men shouldn't have names that end in the 'ee" sound.

Eeeh, well OP is a woman, so going by Randolph would be weirder.

oliviaalexandria 3

The name Randy is an actual name. It doesn't have to be a shortened version of a name. It is also a unisex name. Regardless of how common "randy" is used in place of horny, I'm sure a few friends may tease her or she will run across a few people who still use it. No big deal though :) just a name..