By ThisIsGonnaBeAwkward - 06/12/2011 15:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I discovered that the word 'randy' means 'horny' in England. I'm going to England next semester to study abroad. My name is Randy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 570
You deserved it 5 283

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We aren't retarded. We use the word horny a lot more. Randy is a dying word over here.

Andr913 13

When I was in England, the name Lou seemed to be very popular. It has a little tinkle to it.

Comments

Tell people your name is Andi, as in short for Andrea, if you think it will be a problem. It'll porbably be more of a problem if your working in an office full of idiots in the South of England.

Randy here as well. Austin Powers era was irritating.

Trust me, no one will ever make a joke about it. Its not a commonly used word over here

I will have to stifle my giggles. Sorry, Desperate-For-A-Good-Rogering. [/badperson]

perdix 29

Maybe you ought to go by your middle name, Fanny.

At least your name isn't Fanny (for the yanks here - in England, the fanny is a different part of a woman's anatomy covered by panties). Just introduce yourself with "Hi I'm Randy - and it's also my name too."

chocomilkshake 5

I've always been confused by that, wasn't Fanny originally a legitimate name? Or I guess it changed into that meaning over time...maybe thats what happened with 'Dick' then. wonder how that happens.

Well, since you're a girl you could just call yourself Mandy while you're there.

RedPillSucks 31

With her luck, that probably means "fisting" in the town she'll be living.

perdix 29

With your luck, you'll probably meet the perfect man for you, but his last name will be Oldgoat. Just a little worse than Peter File.

Muslimgal92 0

Haha 51's comment made me laugh