By ThisIsGonnaBeAwkward - 06/12/2011 15:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, I discovered that the word 'randy' means 'horny' in England. I'm going to England next semester to study abroad. My name is Randy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 564
You deserved it 5 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We aren't retarded. We use the word horny a lot more. Randy is a dying word over here.

Andr913 13

When I was in England, the name Lou seemed to be very popular. It has a little tinkle to it.

Comments

hateevryone 14

your name is randy and you're a woman?

Well, it's a female name where I am from.

I have a female coworker named randi....

it's usually short for something like Miranda..

flockz 19

hm deja vu a little here? this smells a little like a comment i made recently....

gabrielbaby 9
KiddNYC1O 20
RedPillSucks 31

"Sir Bacon Leatherdick"??? Seems Randi would be preferable. OP, you can go by your middle name, if you have one.

It means the same thing here in Aus but only creepers ever use it. I doubt you'll have a rough time!

kaykay20 0

Well if you start off with my name is then it shouldn't be too confusing. If it doesn't help then explain the meaning it has from where your from.

kaykay20 0

Or you could just say why your named that. Maybe your parents didn't think of it that way....unless they just got a cruel sense of humor then fyl.

So in other words, you made it to adulthood without learning the meaning of your own name? Yeah, YDI.

How can they "deserve" it? It's not like they could choose their name. And so what if they JUST found out the meaning? I'm sure they would've went to England if they had found out sooner as well..

She deserved it because if she had shown a little curiosity, she would have learned that bit of trivia before choosing to study abroad in England.

You're an idiot. Not everyone actually cares what their name means. I don't know or care what my name means. Maybe OP never thought "Hmm I wonder what my name means?" Asshole

Takainthemachine 0

Oh please, I am sure they know the difference. I have lived with the English before..lovely and intelligent people!

That's a very nice thing to say about the English, but I can assure you that not everyone is lovely and intelligent here...

People in the UK will be able to figure out the difference. You think no one else in the UK goes by that name?

88: And you can state this categorically, having been introduced to every English person?

That reminds me. My mom's maiden name is Koetje, which apparently is a slang term for ****** in Holland.

Well I know it is somewhere. My uncle used to get teased because of it.

Epikouros 31

Maybe your uncle got teased because Koetje means Little Cow. Or bullies would change it to Kutje, which is a slang term for ****** in Dutch.

I guess they must've changed it. I could be wrong, but isn't Koetje and kutje pronounced the same way?

A lady named Randy? That's new to me as well. Hopefully nobody gives you crap about it, OP!