By Hair Fail - 22/10/2011 15:32 - United States

Today, I decided I wanted to dye my hair a medium brown. Little did I know, some jerk switched the hair dye boxes. My hair is now bright orange. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 162
You deserved it 6 667

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hannahcorrine 0

Orange you glad it wasn't purple though?

At least you're ready for halloween! That's the spirit! >:)

Comments

How did you not notice when you mixed the dye and developer? Brown and orange look different.

Mipz 2

The color of the dye foesn't look the same as the color ypur hair turns. The kind my hairdresser uses for my brown highlights looks purple.

Ever seen orange dye? Ever seen brown dye? HUGE difference. This person is an idiot. I've dyed my hair both colors before and there's clearly a difference.

Different brands look different. The brown dye I use looks orange when it goes on.. So you're the one being an idiot!

xStaciexLynnx 15

There's so many ways this could have been avoided; Noticing the box was tampered with, noticing the dye was the wrong color, reading the bottle, having it done professionally... Plus it may not be that someone switched it. If you're hair is bleached or treated in any way previously you should have a pro do it. You can easily end up with orange or green hair with cheap dye and no education. Sorry, YDI.

Every hair colour product my mom buys comes in a box that is easy to tamper with without making it obvious. Sure the products inside say what colour they are but you would assume they match the box no? I don't have any experience with hair dye products though so you probably have a point.

my mom also buys hair dye but she is smart and opens the box to check the colour before she buys it. this all could have been avoided. YDI OP.

everyone knows to open the boxes and check the color. just saying. ydi

koolkat27 13

why should you have to? op didn't deserve this, that was a real ****** up thing to do switching the boxes.

You have to check because immature people think its funny to piss off people buy switching out the colors. It's kind of a random rule of thumb most people know.

JinxosGirl87 0

Maybe the hair dye gods wanted you to be vibrant with your hair! :)

Mipz 2

At least it was someone else is fault. Usually it's a moronic bimbo trying to go blonde that ends up with an orange head. Don't worry. Some guys like red heads.

Lily_lops95 0
marit1997 4

or you were trying to dye it blonde and screwed up