By Imafishyfishy - 27/03/2013 06:47 - United States - Noblesville

Today, I casually mentioned to my mom that my boyfriend of two years and I were thinking about moving in together. She looked me dead in the eye and said if I ever moved out, she'd throw me out of the house. I'm confused. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 024
You deserved it 2 971

Imafishyfishy tells us more.

Oh wow! It actually got posted! I'm the OP here, and I'm 19, the reason I'm confused is because when I finished high school he and I were going to move down to Florida together so I could go to college, and I got really sick, so we stayed here. My mom was completely fine with it when we were going to move out of state but now that we're moving to the apartment complex not even a mile away. I asked her for clarification and she told me that I knew what she meant. So I asked my dad, and he told me the same thing. I think they might be screwing with me.

Top comments

The good old, "you can't fire me...I quit!" trick

trellz17 19

She's probably just ******* with you

Comments

She could have meant that if you move out, don't bother to try and come back. Some old birds don't want their chicks returning.. Had a few friends with parents like that. A possibility anyway.

perdix 29

It means you are crossing the Rubicon, and you won't be able to come back. Unless you are financially independent, you may want your boyfriend to upgrade to fiancé before leaving your parents' house. Sometimes parents are cool with it if you are engaged.

How can she throw you out once you moved out?

obviousboy 8

I guess she means if things go south, don't even think about coming back. If not that, I'm just as confused as you are lol

Maybe she thought you meant your boyfriend would move in with you at your current place?!?!?

I think it means you won't be allowed to return if you needed too.

Steve95401 49

I think your mother learned English from Yogi Berra.