By Imafishyfishy - 27/03/2013 06:47 - United States - Noblesville

Today, I casually mentioned to my mom that my boyfriend of two years and I were thinking about moving in together. She looked me dead in the eye and said if I ever moved out, she'd throw me out of the house. I'm confused. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 024
You deserved it 2 971

Imafishyfishy tells us more.

Oh wow! It actually got posted! I'm the OP here, and I'm 19, the reason I'm confused is because when I finished high school he and I were going to move down to Florida together so I could go to college, and I got really sick, so we stayed here. My mom was completely fine with it when we were going to move out of state but now that we're moving to the apartment complex not even a mile away. I asked her for clarification and she told me that I knew what she meant. So I asked my dad, and he told me the same thing. I think they might be screwing with me.

Top comments

The good old, "you can't fire me...I quit!" trick

trellz17 19

She's probably just ******* with you

Comments

Your mom sounds weird. Moce out and see what happens. :)

I've always wanted to "moce" outta my house too...

c and v are next to each other so maybe give her/him a little brake.

I'm pretty sure she meant that you'll never be welcome back into her house. Use your common sense.

lpro 10

Common sense? First they were okay with it, now they aren't. It's a bit confusing. Don't be rude cause you think you have all the answers

I wonder if she means that if you move out you won't be welcome back home if things don't work out

When I went swimming in a storm once, my mom said, "If you drown, I'll kill you." Confusing? Yes. But it's a way of saying "Don't do it!"

And this happened right after your boyfriend's mom broke into his house and got mad at him for having a girlfriend? Wow, these moms have some serious attachments.

I just love references to other FMLs. :D

hiandrews69 29

This was probably a case of not saying what you mean. You're parents were probably ok with you moving to another state with him because you would have been going to college. Perhaps they aren't ok with you moving into an apartment nearby because you won't be in school?

I think she means "If you ever ******* leave me, you can bet your ass your not coming back" Good luck OP!

Well I am not sure how to respond. Was she drunk, high, or under some type of pain killer?

It's a song I apparently used to sing when I was little

It will all work out. As a Mum of three I sometimes spaz out as well. It's kind of hard when your babies move out. You do sound like a switched on young woman so I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck hun. :)