Baseless accusation

By 00sasori - 27/03/2013 05:41 - Canada - Vancouver

Today, I was on a bumpy bus ride and had to write a note, so I held my notebook against the bus window to steady my hand. An elderly woman then yelled at me, accusing me of drawing graffiti on the window. The bus driver kicked me off and I had to wait an hour in the rain for the next bus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 236
You deserved it 3 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Zommie 2

Learn to stick up for yourself OP.

Comments

Elderly people need to mind their own damned business... again.

I totally agree with #8 elderly people should take care of their own business

Kevorkian attacks!! He uses euthanasia! It's Super Effective!!

ElementaryEdGuy 18

If you see an elderly attack on someone, please call "1 - 800 - I - just - saw - a - whole - bunch - of - old - people - attack - this - one - guy - and - now - I - am - calling - this - number - to - report - what - I - saw."

rokolodo 10

Hi Cupcake we should go on a Nature photography escape/run. Kidding,, ur photogenic.

SilverInGray 25
suboy 10

She probably wanted a seat all to herself.

OMG troll granny!!! Beware! Kick the troll, kick the troll.

Zommie 2

Learn to stick up for yourself OP.

OP I hope the rest of your day wasn't so rainey.

TxCountryBeauty 10

Exactly! I want to know why Op didnt just show them what she was doing and that there wasn't graffiti there

bamagrl410 31

Seriously. How does someone confuse that with graffiti? There is clearly a notebook there, separating the writing instrument from the window. Next time show them what you're doing and stand up for yourself.

zero91 4

old people cant see well and assumed the worst

When all the old people die we won't have dumb crap like this...We will have old people in the next gen who can't hear because they blast music and club 24/7 and go to concerts all the time. Talk about going deaf. Although, they can still see.

You held your notebook against the window that was attached to the jostling bus to try to steady it? Didn't something seem, oh I don't know, a little wrong with that plan?

If you are shaking with the bus (which tends to happen when riding a bus), the notepad can be unmoving in comparison to your body. So instead of both your arm holding the notepad and the arm that is drawing shaking and moving, only the arm drawing would be affected by the movement due to the fixed position of the notebook on the window. That said, it still probably didn't help much.

It actually has worked somewhat for me, back in the day.

At least it is harder so you can write on it a bit more easily than your lap... but you would think there would be condensation that would make the page wet?

32- If OP held up a notebook against the window which might have condensation, I think the cover of the notebook would get wet and not the paper, logically speaking. But either way, I don't see how OP thinks they will have a steady hand by any means while writing in bumpy motion.

Why did he jump to a conclusion so quickly? Plus if there was nothing on the window he couldn't have thrown you out. I'd talk to the bus company about his behaviour.

42 Law suits is not the answer to life.. It's 42

Yeah it is #52... Plus Op can fly to work! To fly; just forget how to fall. Let the old lady keep her bus.

and I thought elderly DRIVERS were bad enough!

I don't think they can throw you off just for that. You should've made a scene- and called them out on the accusation.

Grammaw schooled you, OP, she schooled you good! Bow to the evil that is elderly ladies, stand in the rain weeping, and accept it that old folks rule!!!

I'm with doc on this, holding the pad to the window of the bouncing bus. You deserved to be out in the rain for lacking common sense.

Agreeing with him in one FML makes me a docsucker.... Hmm sounds like you have a slight jealousy issue.

And this is why I can't wait for another 40 year's until I can pull something like this off... Constantly...

OP, why didn't you stand up for yourself? You could have easily yelled at the elderly woman for making a scene out of nothing and being a bitch in general, AND you should have raised your notebook and showed that you were using it. There was no need for you to get off in the rain due to false accusations. There was no graffiti on the bus wall, too. What is happening to common sense?

Sense isn't common, just look around. -Charles Reed