By Anonymous - 16/02/2016 13:49 - United States - Chevy Chase

Today, I came out of the closet, after years of fear and shame, thanks to my mom making me to go to a church full of fundies my whole life. In the end, I was in tears. All I got was a frown and a "So? Want a medal or something?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 833
You deserved it 3 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pleasedie 22

Well at least it went relatively well. Some people are disowned and thrown out for things like that.

At least you have an understanding family

Comments

Maybe they already knew? At least they don't care about your sexuality. They are just happy that you are theirs

FalconHawks11 3

As a parent I give you a hug, and a happy face, welcome to being yourself, and I for one hope you are finally a happier person for it. Your family just needs time to adjust, and if they don't then that is their problem, not yours.

xcllla_ 27

I don't understand how parents kick out their child (whom they birthed and for whom they took care for his whole life) only because he is gay. So they loved him and all but then he says he's gay and they're like "We hate you, go away"? Rediculous. Great that didn't happen to you OP, I hope your parents will take you as you are eventually and won't be rude.

Most fundie churches will never understand. Sincerely apologize on behalf of all us religious folk.

No. they won't. however, as "fundies", we need to remember Judge not, lest ye be judged." We don't have the right to judge you. love unconditionally. that's my job as a parent of a bisexual son

crackyeggy 9

Really though, what were you expecting? Did you want a medal? Who cares who you want to ****.

Some understanding how much fear and stress op has had, especially wanting to come out, and reassurance they still love op would be pretty nice.

this reminds me of one of my friends. He cried and came out to his dad who replied with 'duh. fancy a brew?'

It's a difficult thing to do so congrats on having the courage, especially in that situation. Sucks that there wasn't understanding of that in the reaction but it's sounds like your family is accepting which is good.

LyingBlood 8

it's not difficult if he was proud it would've been easier

Geek_Freak 13

It's not that bad. At least your families understanding and still loves you for you.

Are you complaining because they are accepting? Isn't it a relief?