Amityville

By bumpinthenight - 20/04/2020 08:00

Today, I was painting my new house when my neighbor introduced himself. Mid-conversation, he said, "The lady who lived here was nice, but just couldn't get over her husband hanging himself in the garage. Or her son shooting himself in the basement." I'll never sleep again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 988
You deserved it 334

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't it a legal thing to disclose if people have died on the property prior to purchase? I could be totally wrong though.

OP should consider having his local priest bless each room, etc. in his house.

Comments

The lady was "nice?" She drove her child and husband to suicide! Either she's pure evil or the house is cursed. You might need an extra coat in the basement to cover the spatter.

Isn't it a legal thing to disclose if people have died on the property prior to purchase? I could be totally wrong though.

I think you only have to disclose murders, but that could be dictated by regional laws.

LackyLacy 5

Not in every state. I know in Montana you're not legally inclined to disclose that information.

OP should consider having his local priest bless each room, etc. in his house.

tounces7 27

He was probably bullshitting you just to mess with you.

I honestly think he was just ******* with you, lol. Reminds me of Uncle Jokes, Trying to be funny/quirky, but your Uncle is creepy AF.

Do you not google the address of a place before you buy it? If only to compare listing details on various sites and learn about the neighborhood? Hell, I was looking at a condo and when I searched the address, found that in another unit a woman had drowned her children and shot herself about ten years earlier. It's awful, but if it's something you care about, this stuff is often in the news, and the internet doesn't forget.

Why not? You don’t have to do those things, you can be creative and be unique! Toaster in the bathtub perhaps? People die everywhere. Relax