By FUSMC - 12/08/2009 06:01 - United States

Today, I came home on leave from a 7 month deployment to Iraq. I wanted to see my girlfriend today, but she needed to spend time with her sick grandmother. As it turns out, her sick grandmother and my cousin are the same person. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 642
You deserved it 3 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow sucks to be you.... what a mean person. both your gf and your cousin.

ohheykiwi 2

People, she told him she had to spend time with her grandmother, but it was actually his cousin. She was cheating on him with his cousin! FYL, OP. This truly sucks.

Comments

xmeesh 0

Wow, that is so messed up! I'm a USMC fiancee/soon-to-be wife and girls like her definitely give us, military girls, a bad name. My fiance is currently deployed right now and won't be back till next month but I will never EVER consider cheating on him. She didn't even take into consideration how bad you guys have it during the deployments. Looks like she couldn't keep her legs closed. Semper Fi, Marine.

dude im sorry to hear that. my boyfriend is in the marines and he tells me how many guys get left and cheated on why are ppl like that i swear ugh can i beat her up lol? im sorry dude. i hope u can get over her and man it sucks cuz family got involved.

sarinninja 0

wow! their is some real **** offs posting to this fml. I'm really sorry man. that is so ****** up.

wait. does that mean you're ******* your second cousin? or your Gf is cheating on you? or both......

WOW! O_O I have never seen a more bitter exchange than the lil shit with #111. W/e Sry about this whole mess dude, sucks but sometimes girls can't take it, separation anxiety or some shit. Only thing you can do is figure if she couldn't wait for you she wasn't worth it. There are plenty of women and men who can and do wait, and you'll find one for yourself. As for the cousin, screw him, the fact he fell into it and didn't stop it at the beginning for your sake is sad.

OIF_my_life 0

hey OP, **** the people who decided to turn this into ANOTHER Iraq rant, I had a similar situation coming back from Iraq and nobody deserves all that, stay up devil

SFMember 0

Its not like he had a choice to go "I don't want to go". When you're told to go, you go. Its that simple. See I, on the otherhand, volunteered. So if this were me you could call me a dumbass, but most of the time, we're TOLD we're going.

Yeah, but it was his choice to join the military, and he most likely joined AFTER the commencement of the war in Iraq. Even if he didn't, I'm assuming he would still have the option of leaving the military if he strongly disagreed with this war, wouldn't he?

SFMember 0

Yes, he'd also have the option of going to prison for treason. You're so disrespectful and ungrateful its ridiculous. "He had the option to join the miitary".

SFMember 0

Yes, he'd also have the option of going to prison for treason. You're so disrespectful and ungrateful its ridiculous. "It was his choice to join the military..." Not everybody in the United States is afraid of the world. I love this war, as a matter of fact. I get to go to MESOPOTAMIA (for those of you that don't know, Mesopotamia is the land between the two rivers, Tigris and Euphrates, also known as the Baghdad Iraq area... Also know as the land of the great flood, where the garden of Eden was (get my drift).) I get to help people and I get to shoot my weapons. Its all fun, and now I imagine you're going to throw something out there about "shooting innocent people". Guess what, its self defense. We have strict Rules of Engagement in which we'll go to prison if we engage for no reason. Now lets say he did join AFTER the war started, like I did. Does that mean that he can't have a FAITHFUL girlfriend because he has to go to war? This is like saying that all women are unfaithful ******. Which I personally don't think they are. Should he be unhappy and miserable while he protects your freedoms, your RIGHTS? Is it so bad that we're over here trying to improve the conditions for another country so they can try and have a meager look into democracy, and more peace like we do? I don't think it is. And I salute him and Every other military member for their service, because thats how it should be. But thank you for showing that the freedoms (To include that Of Speech) I am fighting to uphold are still in existance, and I salute you for using them.

He'd only go to prison on charges of treason if he A) waged war against the united states, or B) aided/comforted the enemy. It's actually a pretty well-defined charge, (and is even included in the Constitution). So, please, don't try to pull that on me. So he'd either have the option of going AWOL, (not a good idea), or listing himself as a "conscientious objector." I'd suggest the second. And how am I "so disrespectful and ungrateful it's ridiculous"? I'm against this war, as I'm sure you've gleaned. So, yes, I am anti-war. But I don't understand how it's disrespectful of me to state my opinion, and I don't understand why I should be grateful for your performing a "service" I'd rather not receive. I realize not everyone in the US is "afraid of the world." I'm not. And I understand that it's great to travel. But, you see, you don't have to join the military to do so, and it's actually MUCH more enjoyable to visit a country and learn about its culture if you aren't shooting its citizens at the time. I find it interesting that members of the military always pull the "well you're just scared" card. No, we're not scared. We're just not that inclined to murder. You see, it's a personal choice. I understand that, in extreme circumstances, sometimes war is necessary; but that the United States would incur such a terrible death toll on both OUR citizens and the citizens of Iraq for the actions of a single organization? It's disgusting. And honestly, what have we accomplished besides the complete destruction of the entire Iraqi government? Thousands of deaths? Billions (trillions?) of dollars in debt and destruction? Destroying what we had left of a positive image in the world arena? Ruining international relations? And don't give me that BS "self-defense" argument. You wouldn't have to be defending yourself if we hadn't invaded the country in the first place. That's like breaking into someone's house and murdering them, then claiming it was in "self-defense" when the owner came at you with a weapon. He was defending his home and had every right to do so; in this situation, you, as the invader, are in the wrong. I never said he couldn't have a faithful girlfriend. I have no idea where you read that from me... maybe you're imagining things? And he's not protecting my freedoms, nor is he protecting my rights. I have had fewer rights since this war began than I had previously. Why don't you google the Patriot Act? After it was passed, it was proven to violate both the fourth and first amendments - and clearly violates several other basic rights of US citizens as well. Not only this, but it allows the US Government to detain immigrants INDEFINITELY without even providing solid evidence that proves the individual is guilty of some crime. This "War on Terror" does nothing but cause US citizens to live in a constant state of fear, and it was a HUGE mistake on our government's part - a knee-jerk reaction to an attack that scared the shit out of all of us. I find it laughable that you believe we're improving the conditions in Iraq. Not only that, but it's not even our responsibility to "improve" other nations - especially when we were never asked to do so, and especially when it involves a full-scale invasion and war. We're not the world police, and it's time we pulled our heads out of our fat, arrogant asses and realized this.

SFMember 0

I'll take your point on being against the war. Whatever. Thats your choice. But the war in Iraq is over, if you hadn't heard. Its no longer a war, we pulled our combat forces out and are now TRAINING their army, police, border patrol, and many other organizations. This, in fact, is improving their country substantially. I know, because I have and am still helping to train the Iraqi Police. As far as 'Invaded' this country, most of the Iraqi population invites and welcomes us. Key word here being MOST. There are the radicals who are still loyal to Saddam and others who want to invoke fear on the population of Iraq for their own cause. But I've worked with Iraqi's, even at Camp Bucca, a PRISON, and even the "detainees" wanted us to stay. Our interpreters are, for the most part, from Iraq. The Iraqi Police I've spoken to, as well as just Iraqi's in markets and what not, like us here. They feel safer. Because our "invasion" liberated them from a dictator. The country is still building, and weeding through corruption, but we in fact, have improved it as a whole. The self-defense comes from me rolling through the streets trying to get to an Iraqi Police station, and somebody decides to shoot at us, or plant a bomb on the road, or launch mortars at us... seems like I'm defending myself. Because I didn't invade this country, we are asked to stay here. Now you're right, there is a chance that he wouldn't go to jail for being a "conscientious objector" to the war and want out. But with that comes a discharge of failure to adapt, which is less then honorable. With a less then honorable discharge, its difficult to get a job in the civilian world because, lets face it, a company won't hire somebody who got discharged from the military because they couldn't adapt. I know I don't want that on my life. Oh, and you're right about not saying he couldn't have a faithful girlfriend. My mistake for saying that to you. A lot of other people said that and it was still on my mind at the time. My apologies on that part.

****, I hear you man. That really opened my eyes.

countrydreamer 0

I think that being in the military is heroic... i am so thankful to men (and women) like you who sacrifice so much for our country.... I think anyone who chooses to be in a relationship chooses to be faithful... I should feel honored and be so lucky as to date a military personnel.... tell your ex she's a **** and move on to a real woman who loves and respects who you are and what you are doing!

countrydreamer 0

i'll be more then happy to comfort ya! wink, wink

bellababy13 0

hey i think that chick is an idiot. she knew the possibilities of deployment when she decided to date a military man. girls like that really bother me. i think people should remain loyal to one another no matter the distance.