By buttercup92 - 14/03/2016 01:41 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I called to see if my bridesmaid's dress was ready. They told me it had already been picked up, the bride's mom picked up the dress and got rid of it because she doesn't want me in the wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 599
You deserved it 1 265

buttercup92 tells us more.

Hi! I'm the OP. I did pay for the dress, and after talking to the store they are replacing he dress free of charge. Apparently this has happened several times. You would think that they would start making sure you're the person supposed to be picking up the dress. The bride has apologized for her mom. (I think the mom should apologize not the bride) Right now she's not talking to her mom. As for why she doesn't like me, I have no idea. She's always been so nice to me until this incident. Luckily the wedding isn't until July so we have time. Sorry for the long reply! Thanks everyone!

Top comments

Oh wow I hope the bride has something to say about that. Some people have zero tact

I'm sorry about that. Weddings bring the worst out in some people.

Comments

ohsnapword 21

If you paid any kind of money for the dress, there may be legal action you can take as the dress shot should not have released the dress to anyone other than you. I think they call that theft.

The parents that try to make their kid's wedding perfect usually just try to make it THEIR OWN dream wedding. Sorry about bride's mom , OP.

Talk to the bride, since SHE obviously wanted you there. If you're lucky enough, the "crazy bitch" will be the only guest that's not wanted there.

That sucks big time OP. Count your blessings that you're only going to have to put up with her for one more day. Your friends poor fiancé/e is going to be stuck with her as a mother in law.

scottishoatmeal 22

Usually you require a sale slip, or proof of purchase. Because most will need alterations and it can take time.

Then show up in your birthday suit and when the bride ask why. Tell her to ask her mother

if you paid for that dress, that mom needs you to pay for that.... i would be pissed

Uh - if you paid for that dress she can't just get rid of it!!!

Do you and the bride's mother have unsolved issues?

That's not her call to make. FYL OP.