By buttercup92 - 14/03/2016 01:41 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I called to see if my bridesmaid's dress was ready. They told me it had already been picked up, the bride's mom picked up the dress and got rid of it because she doesn't want me in the wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 599
You deserved it 1 265

buttercup92 tells us more.

Hi! I'm the OP. I did pay for the dress, and after talking to the store they are replacing he dress free of charge. Apparently this has happened several times. You would think that they would start making sure you're the person supposed to be picking up the dress. The bride has apologized for her mom. (I think the mom should apologize not the bride) Right now she's not talking to her mom. As for why she doesn't like me, I have no idea. She's always been so nice to me until this incident. Luckily the wedding isn't until July so we have time. Sorry for the long reply! Thanks everyone!

Top comments

Oh wow I hope the bride has something to say about that. Some people have zero tact

I'm sorry about that. Weddings bring the worst out in some people.

Comments

Bridezilla? more like momzilla what a bitch

Talk to the bride, maybe you can work something out.

She had no right to do that. You should get a better dress and go to the wedding, the bride needs you, she chose you.

What if she wanted to become the bridesmaid

cheshireau 26

Besides needing a smack to the face, the bitch better pay you back for the dress (unless on the rare occasion the bride/groom paid for it)

Rosebudx 32

If you paid for that dress, threaten to call the police. That's theft and possibly fraud if she had to pretend to be you to pick it up. There's also the possibility that she never actually destroyed it, and that this is an elaborate plot to mess with you or the bride, so do not panic just yet.

flyingflies 36

Who paid for the dress? I'm sorry for the bride. It's her big day and she has to deal with pettiness from her mother, on top of all the stress that comes with planning a wedding.

If you paid for it, ask the company to refund you for their incompetence for releasing a dress to someone who isn't the purchaser. If they refuse, I hope you used a Credit Card, because you can legally file a chargeback! Now, if you paid the bride/mother in cash and they picked up the tab. you're a little out of your money unless the bride/mother somehow just re-buys your dress. I'm sorry for you and for the bride. :(

Wow... I'm speechless. I can't believe the mom would ruin her own daughters wedding like that. Why doesn't she want you in the wedding party? And what did the bride to be do or say when she found out what her mom did? I hope she made her mom buy you a new dress. Please follow up OP! Let us know how everything worked out.

wow that's ****** up OP FYL . Hopefully talk to the bride and work things out with her. hope everything turns out ok