By buttercup92 - 14/03/2016 01:41 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I called to see if my bridesmaid's dress was ready. They told me it had already been picked up, the bride's mom picked up the dress and got rid of it because she doesn't want me in the wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 599
You deserved it 1 265

buttercup92 tells us more.

Hi! I'm the OP. I did pay for the dress, and after talking to the store they are replacing he dress free of charge. Apparently this has happened several times. You would think that they would start making sure you're the person supposed to be picking up the dress. The bride has apologized for her mom. (I think the mom should apologize not the bride) Right now she's not talking to her mom. As for why she doesn't like me, I have no idea. She's always been so nice to me until this incident. Luckily the wedding isn't until July so we have time. Sorry for the long reply! Thanks everyone!

Top comments

Oh wow I hope the bride has something to say about that. Some people have zero tact

I'm sorry about that. Weddings bring the worst out in some people.

Comments

Did you pay for the dress? If so, the dress shop is entirely at fault for releasing the dress to anyone other than you. First, make them replace the dress, pronto. Next, talk to the bride and hopefully she will tear her bitch mother a new asshole.

Sue her for getting rid of it and tell the bride

sorry to hear that. I hate parents who think the wedding is all about them.

I just hope you didn't personally pay for the dress because if ya did I'd say it's suing time :D

1. Call the mother of the bride out on that in front of her daughter. 2. Have the dress replaced. If you paid for it, have the mother of the bride pay for it. If the bride paid for it, then you might have to pay for it. 3. Tell the shop that you are the ONLY ONE that can pick it up. You are suppose to pick it up to make sure everything fits correctly. I don't know why they would let someone else pick it up in the first place.

Yeah that's going to throw off the balance of bridesmaids and groomsmen so I hope she also threw away the tux of one of them or else someone is going to have to walk alone.

BloodyGlass 10

I hope OP posts an update soon, I want to hear that the bride ripped her mother a new one and told her she's not ******* welcomed at the wedding.

devans00 14

A pox on the mother of the bride. It's not about you.