By notAMrs - 20/11/2012 17:22 - United States - Jeffersonville

Today, I called off my engagement, after finding out my fiancé is cheating on me. I recently started a new job, and in anticipation of getting married, I asked that my username include his surname. They can't be changed, so now I get to log in every day under that sorry bastard's surname. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 069
You deserved it 9 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

Your work can't change it, or WON'T change it? That seems like a silly thing to make fully permanent, if they truly cannot change it for you. So sorry to hear about your broken engagement, OP. It's good you found out now, instead of after you were married.

Usernames and tattoos should never be a lovers name. It usually ends badly.

Comments

Depends on what she does and security logging, etc. sometimes it's tied to the username. Especially true in hospitals.

I, as a systems administrator, have changed usernames because issues similar to this one. It's not a big deal. Perhaps, the OP's company should outsource their IT department or fire a few people.

You can always change your password to "**** (his surname)" to try and make yourself feel better.

catanita 18

They can create a new adress for you and all the emails that are sent to the old adress can be redirected to the new one.

Use it as a reminder of what not to look for in a man. :)

Find a new boyfriend with the same surname as your ex fiancé and marry him.

fakkumairaifu 14

What would possess someone to cheat on their fiance/e? I understand if it's a marriage where the thrill is gone and everyone's unhappy, or if it's a relationship that was evidently not going to work out. But why would you commit to someone for the rest of your life and THEN turn around and bang someone else? Just when you're supposed to start planning out your great future? People like this - not queer ones - should be the minority that is denied the right to marry.

Bad luck to use his last name before you get married. You should have known that.

captainObviously 15

Open a ticket! Im sure they can recreate your usernames in this unique circumstance!