By notAMrs - 20/11/2012 17:22 - United States - Jeffersonville

Today, I called off my engagement, after finding out my fiancé is cheating on me. I recently started a new job, and in anticipation of getting married, I asked that my username include his surname. They can't be changed, so now I get to log in every day under that sorry bastard's surname. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 069
You deserved it 9 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

Your work can't change it, or WON'T change it? That seems like a silly thing to make fully permanent, if they truly cannot change it for you. So sorry to hear about your broken engagement, OP. It's good you found out now, instead of after you were married.

Usernames and tattoos should never be a lovers name. It usually ends badly.

Comments

Call IT support and make them change it...no such thing.

rosieprice21 2

that sucks. however... you get a daily reminder of why you broke it off, so you won't be like other people who stupidly go back.

Nah. Every time you log in you'll be reminded of how much better your life is going to be now that you are rid of the cheater.

noisebox 1

Well you did the right thing if a partner cheats you throw them to the curb el pronto!

Supernovas_Child 13

That sucks. That really sucks. I'm so sorry, OP. Hopefully you'll find a better guy whose last name will give you pride. :)

Why would you end it if it's the first time hr cheated? That doesn't even make sense. My ex cheated on me with at least 4 other guys and I didn't end out relationship. (She did, btw)

That's terrible! Thank your lucky stars it's nothing embarrassing to..

This is why you shouldn't count your chickens, before they hatch. #justsayin

They lied it CAN be changed. Just ask someone in IT to help you out. Sorry, OP, i would if i could...

Not entirely true, in some systems you can't change a username because of everything that's linked to it. They can, however, delete the user profile and recreate it, but a lot of companies have policies stopping them from doing so.