By jenjam - 05/07/2012 00:50

Today, I bought a home at a bargain. It will need 5 grand in repairs to fix plumbing and electric, but it's mine. When I pulled up the listing to show pictures to my friends, there was a new listing that was in the same neighborhood, and a larger, nicer house that is move in ready. Same price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 129
You deserved it 5 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have 30 days to back out of the contract. Have a go at trying to get out of it.

perdix 29

Aw, don't feel too bad. You only overpaid by five grand. Once you learn that the faulty plumbing caused 50 grand in foundation damage, then, you can feel bad.

Comments

Maybe the other house is so cheap because the previous owner was murdered and now no one will buy it

Or maybe the previous owner is bad at house pricing.

I see there're more optimistic people here. It's kind of ironic that they would rather believe that someone died, instead of someone having bad pricing skills. Pessimistic optimists!

Well you can make it yours from the bottom to top. That's much better.

Atleast your not living on the streets! look at the positives :)

That's the stupidest thing you can do. For example if you were living on the street you could say at least I don't have aids, if you had aids you could say at least I don't... By thinking this way you're not improving your situation. Use the negatives in your life to adapt and learn.(Except when you're terminally ill or have an issue that is out of your control) I should have, and I will is a good way to look at things but don't dwell on past mistakes just keep them in mind for future events. OP should stick with their house if they can't get out of the purchase. They should spend more time researching next time and understand that if they buy a house now, other houses may become for sale for less. This way you won't they disappointed.

I missed a comma before just. Too bad the edit timer is out. :(

Shouldn't u have checked local listings for houses IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD, TDI my friend!

ssnowywinter 0

The listing is new, as in it didn't exist when OP was looking at houses. Learn to read.

zingline89 18

Really? Why would you comment about your personal feeling to a person you will never met? And on a website which is not a social network.

I would say YDI. but I think your future USIA going to involve more DIY work. happy hammering :D

is going to * shafted by auto correct ... yet again

sillysh 0

The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Maybe the next door neighbors are really terrible for the other home. You never know:p

tough luck but a house is a house after all and it is what you make of it :)

If a lot of houses are selling for cheap in that neighborhood. Look into it. There might be something up.

As the saying goes "The grass is always greener on the other side". Don't think too much about it! Im sure it's a great house. Congrats!