By akward - 04/09/2009 17:36 - United States

Today, I began my job as an intern at a high school. I saw one of the students looked very familiar, and I couldn't remember from where. Then I figured it out, I had hooked up with him at a club last week. He's a junior in high school, I'm in my last year of college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 161
You deserved it 52 164

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mexicanmike 0

You just confessed to statutory rape. Now you can say FML.

Comments

Okay, pay attention everyone who says there's nothing wrong with it. Anywhere in public education, the teacher is an authority figure over the student. That's where the problem comes in. In almost all cases, the teacher would be fired for undermining the public's trust in dealing with it's students. This could be treated in the same way that it would be inappropriate for a doctor to 'hook-up' with a patient. This case would be unclear if the student is at the age of consent because the 'hook-up' occurred before the teacher/intern became that authority figure. But I can guarantee you that the OP will be removed from the school if they were to find out. Schools do not take risks that could open them up to any liability.

Congratulations! You are now officially a coug! And a ****!

Much agreed, MarkO. For me, really, I just don't like the idea of teachers dating students, regardless of age, for the exact reasons you mentioned. And, of course, the institution must always look its best, so... yeah. But, a hook up beforehand... well you can still fight that you didn't know he was a student? Or just don't bring it up... maybe he won't remember you either.

wow is he that dumb that he's in his 20s in middle school? plus why the hell would you hook up with someone clearly that young? for god sakes I'm in my last year of college and I know better!

AAAAHHHH12 2

No, he's a junior in highschool. That would make him 16-17. Some people can pass for older than their actual age. Especially when accompanied by a fake ID.

YDI for spelling "awkward" incorrectly. ^Slightly kidding. :P This is more like a "wow, what the ****."

primogen18 0

was he hot? cuz if thats the case, u hooking with a "junior" doesnt matter ;)

Actually, the question is was SHE hot? It's worse than a double-standard, it's a triple-standard! Adult man + underage girl = Prison Adult woman (not hot) + underage boy = Prison plus scorn and disgust Adult woman (hot) + underage boy = Superhot! All men of all ages are envious of the little ******. The guy who stuck it to Mary Kay LeTourneau and Debra LaFavre are considered to have lived the dream!