By wvugirl - 19/04/2009 20:49 - United States

Today, I asked my boyfriend what he thinks about long term relationships. He said, "Our relationship is kinda like having a dog. Chances are, your dog is going to die pretty quickly, before you do. Dogs and humans just aren't meant to be together forever." He compared me to a dying dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 900
You deserved it 5 467

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a friend who got compared to ice cream in a breakup. "Girls are like ice cream...you have to try all the flavors before you choose one"

Ok, first off, you should dump him. Secondly, does that make any sense to anyone? Maybe i'm just tired but...

Comments

#5 thats so bad i think i would cry if a guy said that to me! lol. but then i would deffinatly have to laugh, cuz it sounds like o its ok there are many fish in the sea! lol

thats a real #$%# of him to say that..you should just break it yourself cuz they way he put it hes thinking about doing it soon

rakhil11 7

i really do think he was talking about ur relationship not lasting 4ever and not saying that ur like a dying dog wvugirl...

tiltwrestler 0

He compared BOTH OF YOU ALL'S RELATIONSHIP to a dying dog, NOT you. But if you wanna go cry about it, go ahead. Life is tough; it's even tougher when you're stupid! If you're so dumb you fall into sadness and/or get mad before you actually realize/analyze WHAT he was saying, then you deserve every moment of hating life that you have! ...good riddance. People like you bug me. In fact, girls in general bug me. you all are nothin but trouble. and he's right- if he doesnt break up with you for being lame, you know DAMN WELL you'd just break it off with him within a few months anyway- IF it takes you that long! It's sooooo funny how girls act all high and mighty, like they really want to be with a guy forever... ha YEAH. like until the next guy comes around that they have a crush on. Then they shamelessly treat their current b/f like dirt and give him subtle hints that they "dont like him anymore", until he breaks up with her. Then she gets really offended that he broke up with her, gets mad at him to the whole school, and f*cks the OTHER GUY within the next 2 weeks! Then after she does all that, she makes it even worse by being a hypocrite- she defends herself by saying shes NOT a sl*t, and then makes fun of him by acting like she can get somebody else quicker than he can! Like it matters! of course the girl can get a guy quicker! ....sheesh.

goldengophers12 0

I don't understand why this is a bad thing. Your boyfriend is giving you an honest answer. He pretty much said "I don't think we're going to spend the rest of our lives together". Can you not handle that? That's a really huge commitment, some people call it marriage. Some people's marriages are like dogs and only last about a decade if even. I wouldn't be offended.

I think he was just saying you guys won't be together forever.

Your boyfriend thought your relationship could at least stand an honest question and an honest answer. Apparently you're too much of a child to stand honesty. #34, you have some issues.

kwbuzz23wk 0

apparently #34 just got dumped... but thank you 34, for the good laugh

Holy crap 34 made me laugh. That being said, OP is a total idiot. I don't see how this is an FML. This is somebody who is selfish and wants to be treated like a princess. When her boyfriend took the time and effort to communicate his honest feelings about their relationship's expiry date, she become so offended that he dare compare her to a dog (which he didn't even, I can't for the life of me fathom how she came up with that poor excuse for an exaggeration) that she ignored the point, only to run onto FML where she posts this wrought with BS and holes only to be comforted her and be assured that he is an asshole thus she can maintain this princess self-image. If I was your boyfriend I'd dump you out of moral obligation because it's immoral to date people who are mentally challenged.