Goddammit, Facebook!

By Anonymous - 28/05/2021 23:01 - Jamaica - Kingston

Today, my boyfriend of three years told me he isn't sure about me anymore. He said he saw a quote on Facebook that a guy can be with a girl for 10 years, then leave, and be with a girl for one and marry that girl. Meanwhile, I've been planning on the rest of my life with him in my head. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 162
You deserved it 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let’s be honest, if a guy is with someone for 10 years and doesn’t marry her it’s because he didn’t want to. 3 years is even a pretty long time depending on age group. (Ya’ll 19 or 33). So in that case the guy was hanging on but had his doubts and found someone who clicked. Better to find out now than in 7 yrs.

Clear sign that he's not a keeper if a random Facebook post can alter how he feels

Comments

Let’s be honest, if a guy is with someone for 10 years and doesn’t marry her it’s because he didn’t want to. 3 years is even a pretty long time depending on age group. (Ya’ll 19 or 33). So in that case the guy was hanging on but had his doubts and found someone who clicked. Better to find out now than in 7 yrs.

While I agree, I think mentioning marriage or engagement in that time frame makes more sense. Marriages can be expensive and sometimes people are just waiting for the financial situation to be better.

I don’t agree. I waited 14 years to get married, I’m not the marriage type, and I’m perfectly happy with my guy. We ended up getting married because we wanted kids and I wanted all of us to have the same last name.

my cousin has been with his girl for 12 years and 2 kids just because you dont get married doesnt mean shit

ojoRojo 27

Okay but I feel like having a successful marriage after only knowing each other a year is the exception rather than the rule. Like just because the quote said it’s possible doesn’t mean it always works like that. If he’s not willing to commit to building your relationship together, he’s not worth any more of your years.

3 years really should be more than enough time to decide if you're in this or not for the long haul.

Clear sign that he's not a keeper if a random Facebook post can alter how he feels

bleachedraven 14

Why would ever want to be someone he settled for? Be with someone who KNOWS that they want/need to spend the rest of their life with you.

My brother and his girlfriend have been together for 11 years, but won't get married because you don't need a title to be a couple. It's not about the money. Marriage is a choice just like a relationship. I'm sorry he feels that way and hopefully he comes around because it's clear there is love in this relationship.