By wvugirl - 19/04/2009 20:49 - United States

Today, I asked my boyfriend what he thinks about long term relationships. He said, "Our relationship is kinda like having a dog. Chances are, your dog is going to die pretty quickly, before you do. Dogs and humans just aren't meant to be together forever." He compared me to a dying dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 900
You deserved it 5 467

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a friend who got compared to ice cream in a breakup. "Girls are like ice cream...you have to try all the flavors before you choose one"

Ok, first off, you should dump him. Secondly, does that make any sense to anyone? Maybe i'm just tired but...

Comments

haha give him a little bit of credit, thats a pretty strong metaphor for a guy.. whether it makes sense or not XD

Wow, that just sucks. I do not agree with holisterhottiex though. Some guys are smart. Some are not like this one for example. Yes, I am a guy, but I am the one of them who knows what he is talking about. Anyway, he is a dumb*** for saying that. I am pretty sure that any girl is worth having, even for a short amount of time.

totalba 0

HES THE DOG. haha just dump him. whatever.

babble 0

I think the reason people "summarize" their FMLs at the end is because so many people in the comments are like, "What?? I don't get it! How is this an FML?" or have some completely weird interpretation about what the "FML" part of it is and judge the OP accordingly.

Isha 0

UMMMM # 40 how is it immroal to date a mentally challenged person? I know you meant to be an insult to the OP but it insults should make sense and not be insulting to a third person.

justjayit 0

Dump him. Regardless of what he compared love to, he still implied that he doesn't want a longterm relationship with you, so he's not serious.

I laughed so hard Im posting it on my facebook. But, that sucks pretty bad.

Banthestrandland 0

Just wanted to remind everyone that even long-term relationships eventually end, unless you have a ludicrously romantic idea of a long-term relationship. Almost all relationships are temporary. Friends fade from view, girlfriends from memory, and even parents sometimes become disappointed and disappoint. Nothing lasts; embrace impermanence. Anyway, I voted FYL, but I don't agree with the OP's little summary at the end. Her boyfriend compared the relationship to a pet dog, not her. No matter how long your dog lives (and it might live a long time--something many seem to be ignoring here), it'll die before you do.

haha.. maybe you are a female dog.. lol

OUCH! You're better off without that jackass.