Empathy

By KidCudi227 - 23/10/2019 06:00 - United States

Today, my boyfriend sent me a bouquet of roses with a message attached. The message said, "Ever since your dog died you've stopped putting out, so I think we should break up." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 926
You deserved it 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some dudes should just invest in a sex doll and leave people with actual feelings alone. Sorry for your loss, OP. The dog, not the idiot who confuses his girlfriend for a fleshlight, you're better off without that.

manb91gb 15

I hope you responded by shoving that bouquet up his arse..

Comments

Sorry for your loss. However... While it's sad you don't have access to your dog anymore, why should he lose access to pussy?

Because few people are horny while grieving, further more in any long term relationship there are dry spells; people get sick, have to travel, go through terrible losses, injuries and so much more. Part of Love is being supportive and taking the hit with or for your partner, not running away the moment it gets tough. He could have had a conversation about how he was feeling rather than further destroying her world. I'm sure she had known and loved her fur baby far longer than that guy.

I was being facetious there. What we don't know is how long the op had been grieving. If the bf bailed after a few days, he's a jerk. But if she's been avoiding sex for months after her dog's death, that could be a ydi!

No, she doesn't deserve it, not like that. Here comes the special magic word: COMMUNICATION! If it really had been a month or more, BF should have spoken to her about it rather than send flowers and break up with THAT as the reason. He could have tried to resolve it with her first, then broken if off it there was no progress or it became a real issue.

It's never a YDI no matter if it's been 2 days or 20 years. While sex is often a part of the relationship if it's the only part the other person cares about then they shouldn't be together. They need to go find a FWB instead of wasting someone's time on what they think is a real relationship. Dogs live a long time if the person's mourning a dog they could be mourning a pet they've had for around 20 years while a boyfriend of what 1-2 years is being an asshole.

Some dudes should just invest in a sex doll and leave people with actual feelings alone. Sorry for your loss, OP. The dog, not the idiot who confuses his girlfriend for a fleshlight, you're better off without that.

manb91gb 15

I hope you responded by shoving that bouquet up his arse..

Some guys are just awful with feelings and timings. Up his bum

bl3ur0z3 17

Good. You're worth more than that.

Focus on yourself first and foremost. You ain't losing out on anything having a cuntmuffin like him leave your life. You deserve someone who is able to empathise with, support and respect you, regardless of how difficult shit may get. **** him.

That’s messed up. Dump him you don’t want to be in a relationship with a jerk like him

I also think you should break up... Find someone that deserves you.

"If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." If he doesn't care enough to go without for a while when you're grieving, no way it would ever work out. Not sure if you had long-term dreams, but if so, imagine when you're pregnant, just had a baby, have cancer, etc. Doesn't make it hurt less. My bf that I was crazy about just broke things off because we only had sex 5xs in a week. When we were both sick and working weird hours. We planned on marriage and I was worried how he would handle times when I wouldn't be able to have sex, since he already complained horribly about even a day without. Guess we don't have to worry about that now!

Nhayaa 21

I feel sorry for the florist who had to write the message... We don't have enough compassion for those people. They know all of our lives, dates, mistakes, bullsh*t excuses, break ups, affairs...and they can only endure, saying nothing. I coudn't. I would be a very bad florist because I couldn't help myself but to be nosy and refuse to sell a bouquet to someone cheating. Please, say Thank you to your florist. A very big one. Because they're not paid to keep your secrets but in the end, they do.